What's new

Another Prototype on the Vekoma Test Site

Ethan

Strata Poster
If you're particularly sensitive to cringe Youtube content, here's a rundown of that that video above says...
- We can see supports
- Ride will apparently have no inversions but many helixes
- It will have lighting effects and animatronics

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I couldn't resist - god that was grizzly. Not fundamentally the content, but the presentation (read: presenter) was awful. :p

MrRC

Mega Poster
They removed the top half of the 1st coach from the test-train :
99c397a8d6eeb5982d4fcb958d5fd345.jpg

9e257337e874a7ec19c0dc6be02f1aa9.jpg

e9645886820ed0667a52c3380fde15fe.jpg

On the 1e coach "Boomerang"

af276e6129ffdde8d0b345209e6e67e4.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
It's really weird seeing the underbelly of a train as I don't see these types of photos often. Now we all know why you don't sit on a wheel kids. :rolleyes:

MrRC

Mega Poster
[UPDATE] :
They took all the chassis off the track except for the bare chassis where I posted pictures yesterday.

The individual coaches of Knott's Berry Farm (Boomerang), who were still standing by the container yesterday, are no longer present on the site. I assume they are inside to work on.

The intermediate coaches (I call it "weight coaches") and the last coach with chassis are at a different place on the test-site, near the spike of the track.

davidm

Strata Poster
Could well be that they are hiding the track from view so that clearance needed to poke through a false floor sort of deal.

Lofty

CF Legend
There's also a possibility that that new raised car is actually nothing to do with the Guardians of the Galaxy coaster, and could just be that the dimensions of the chassis for this raised coaster are the same as the dimensions for their new spinning coaster, which would make a lot more sense as it's a more cost-effective way of production.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
To be honest, what the prototype looks like compared to the schematic more or less does not matter. What is important is the language of the patent itself. It is titled:

Roller Coaster with Passenger Compartment Motion Powered Through Stored Onboard Energy

What matters is that the passenger tub rotates by means of some sort of onboard electromechanical device. That's exactly what the patent drawing shows.

What I would find more intriguing is how this contract between Disney and Vekoma is written. One would think that Vekoma would be filing the patent as the original equipment manufacturer, but in this case they appear to be playing a full service supplier role.

Last edited: