What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but Alton Towers just messaged me back (very quickly, may I add!) and they said:
"Hi Matt, no this has not been confirmed. We are aiming for 17th March, however until the date has been released we cannot confirm this."
So they are aiming for the 17th March! The 22nd must be an additional press event, then!

Pear

Strata Poster
c884e1b07365356893671f89f1aabd69.jpg
ea8a0abe6b1abd7cfdc5f6e8ff233a59.png

13ac53123a800fc5945c4bba8efb0ba6.png

I hope they cover this up it looks ugly lol

peep

CF Legend
Oh I am loving this soundtrack. Loving the little bits of Mountain King thrown in there. Anyone know how long the full track is?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Little by little, this thing is starting to win me over. That music is f***ing epic, love how they've sneaked a snippet of Hall of the Mountain King in there (that's the Alton Towers theme by the way ;) ).
The ride clip looks good, the effects look good and, y'know... FIRE!
Yeah man. Officially in the 'mildly excited' camp.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Towerstimes said:

'We've been chosen and just experienced our first ride on Wicker Man.

It is a fantastic overall attraction with an impressive pre-show and excellent ride experience. Whilst there are still some finishing touches to be made before opening day it is set to be a solid addition to the Resort's line up."

I think some were disappointed by their choice of language but I feel like this is exactly what we've been expecting to hear.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here are a few pictures of Wicker Man by Theme Park Worldwide:-
DXxn7rHWAAIM9Wy.jpg:large

DXx8xC_X0AIE09C.jpg

28661245_2362138053812143_962717701082447872_o.jpg

So the lift hill appears to have the classic ratchet ARB system, instead of the rumoured magnetic system:-
28685617_2362138037145478_1422295325061677056_o.jpg

DXx8xDEXcAIbags.jpg

Not 100% sure on what those yellow things are going up the lift hill, however:-
DXx8xDAWsAA900-.jpg

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Still think the ride itself looks a bit weak but I have to say the theming looks better than expected. There is a picture floating around from inside the station that looks rather cool.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
ITV Central News have a piece about Wicker Dude, about to be shown on tv any minute now...

If you switch over to BBC1 (Midlands), you might catch another one, airing in the next half hr. Will probably be the same as the ITV one...

davidm

Strata Poster
If you switch over to BBC1 (Midlands), you might catch another one, airing in the next half hr. Will probably be the same as the ITV one...
Yeah that was all a bit "smiler-crash-safety-spiel" rather than "ooh-look-at-the-shiny-new-toy" :(