What's new

Alton Towers to remove Submission - world rejoices! :)

peep

CF Legend
I wonder if they have plans to do anything to that space.

I never actually rode submission, just heard that it was awful.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It's such a shame that they're removing a ride that nobody bothered with anyway ;)

Good riddance.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'll be honest, I'm gutted... Only because I rode it once and that's the result! :p

spicy

Giga Poster
It wasn't an enjoyable experience that's for sure.

I hope they replace it with something though as Alton is lacking decent thrilling flat rides and this is an opportunity to get one although there isn't that much space there. A drop tower would be good and this is maybe one of the few places they could get away with having one.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
They could replace it with a 7 foot tall, 24 stone biker called "Barry" who kicks you in the groin every twenty seconds and it would still be a better experience.

They already have a drop tower though ;)

I doubt we'll see anything this year (apart from four new games stalls), but it's a perfect place for a traditional flat ride and X-Sector needs one which is both appealing and high capacity (Submission running two arms fulfilled one of those criteria ;) )

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I amassed a massive 1 ride on it, never felt the urge to re ride. Hardly devastated at this news.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Maybe a different kind of double swinging inverter (a Fabbri one like Pandemonium) might fit?
Admittedly, AT is in dire need of a decent flat ride, since last time I visited, my flat ride count was 0...

I would adore a pendulum type ride, or even better a *decent* drop tower (there is actually a great deal of space there), potentially even something like Falcon's Fury, which like Oblivion has a sub-terrain aspect to it in order to allude to planning constraints.
Stop fantasising...

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Never been on it didn't appeal to me but apparently energisers coming back according to someone on theme park worldwide

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Didn't everyone moan when Submission was closed last year for them to build The Smiler, only for AT to open it again "by public demand"?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Robbie said:
Didn't everyone moan when Submission was closed last year for them to build The Smiler, only for AT to open it again "by public demand"?
They also moaned about enterprise being closed as well.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, was Enterprise people moaned about I think. Nobody would ever moan about submission being shut - ever.

It did look stunning with both arms going, great ride to watch ;)

I hope energiser stays gone - it was rubbish.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I don't think I ever got to see both arms moving, if they don't put something in place, Alton Towers is going to have to change its motto to 'over 49 rides and attractions'.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not that it matters because it's a mega w@nk ride, but for the unique ride aficionados out there, it was the first Double Inverter by Chance Rides. I had a quick look on Chance's website and they don't make them any more (not even the singular ones). Thankfully.

But hey, let's not get sentimental over this ride. It was uncomfortable, force less and unloved by enthusiasts & casual visitors alike.

The only good thing about Submission is that it made a pretty photo with long exposure.
10625061796_8b22c3dd9c_o.jpg

Rust In Piece.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Jordanovichy said:
if they don't put something in place, Alton Towers is going to have to change its motto to 'over 49 rides and attractions'.

Nah, it'll just be billed as: 'New For 2014 - Worlds First Empty Space Where A Chance Double Inverter Ride Used To Operate'

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Ha, absolutely loving all of the Submission fans on here! Seriously though, good riddance. It was dull, painful and the only force on it was the disgusting amount of hang time at the top. Eurgh. Lets hope they replace it with something decent next year. Though I can honestly see them leaving the space empty till Enterprise dies and build a larger flat in the space of both of them. Personally I would love to see a Gerstlauer Sky Fly, but seeing as their relationship with Gerst can't be all that great after The Smiler, and the height may be an issue, I doubt they'd do it. Ha, and that's not even taking into account how horrific the capacity for one of those would be in a large park.