What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Thanks to Attractions Images!

DR-2ShuX4AAyDAP.jpg:large

Ethan

Strata Poster
I didn't realise the turn behind the airtime hill (after the first drop) in the photo isn't even banked. How slow is this thing?

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I didn't realise the turn behind the airtime hill (after the first drop) in the photo isn't even banked. How slow is this thing?

Obviously it can't be going at lightning pace at that point but there are lots of wooden coasters that have unbanked corners that aren't too slow.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Looks banked to me from the picture above?

Following the flow of the track, it looks like that first bit will be quite good actually. Hill throwing you down and then sideways whilst still dropping and then throwing you through the bit by the Wickerman, if it carries speed the way something like Wodan does in the bit over Atlantica and under the footpath. Rest of the ride does look a bit dull though

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In all honesty, if it's anything like or better than Tomahawk at Portaventura (after it received Mini-llennium flyers) then I'll be happy.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I love how that aerial shot actually shows it blending well into the landscape. Wood looks quite at home in Alton's landscaping. (Tbh that's the first time I've had something positive to say about this build for ages).

Ethan

Strata Poster
Obviously it can't be going at lightning pace at that point but there are lots of wooden coasters that have unbanked corners that aren't too slow.

Indeed, but it's literally hardly banked at all, at most a few degrees? I know laterals are a part of woodies, but unless this has loads, I can't see it going fast at that point.

Matt N

CF Legend
Looking good! I think the ride looks like a pretty fun family ride from construction photos! Although I am a little worried about the lightly banked turn riding like the unpleasantly violent turns on Megafobia!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
A closer, higher resolution photo of basically the same thing:-
DR_6qHbX0AAqlVJ.jpg:large

Some things to note:-
  • The six gas-storage units, which have arrived new, making fire effects likely.
  • The fact the head of the themeing structure is made of metal, as if it can withstand the heat of fire coming out of it, basically confirming it will have fire effects.
  • The building surrounded by scaffolding under the lift hill, I presume this is to house the lift mechanics.
I look forward to the parks announcement, and seeing the stats of this thing being posted to RCDB and GCII's website.

Am I the only person who thinks this looks like a mini-Goldstriker with all those tunnels/half-tunnels?

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm unsure if Alton will reveal any stats, as it is more of a family ride. Out of interest, how did we find out Thirteen's "geeky stats"? As that is also more of a family ride.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^You beat me to it by a matter of seconds!

It looks quite big when viewed from that angle! I am almost certain that this is larger, and likely better than InvadR.