What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Anyone else not bothered about watching all the videos and lead up to it? I just want to know if it will actually be good or not and I know they won't tell me that haha.

Will be hard to get testing videos I think unfortunately.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

lachlan

Mega Poster
Anyone else not bothered about watching all the videos and lead up to it? I just want to know if it will actually be good or not and I know they won't tell me that haha.

Will be hard to get testing videos I think unfortunately.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Not bothered this time around. I was much more excited about the Smiler but I was five years younger then

Robbie

Hyper Poster
I'm not watching any of the videos until I know if the ride is based on the Edward Woodward or the Nicolas Cage version, then I'll rent the correct one.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I haven't watched anything or clicked any links, this feels extremely flat, especially with Madame Fab up the road building something we actually want.
I probably won't even bother with the POV, that's how much I care, but I'll meet up with CF for an early season ride for sure.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I'd like to think the hooded figures are an homage to the classic Nemesis promo from all those years ago, certainly what it reminded me of.
They don't make them like that any more!

With all the Stranger Things love at the moment, wouldn't it be amazing if a park went all retro and did 80s/early 90s themed advertising?

This current campaign has just felt a bit flat. Like the ride, it's failing to evoke any sort of excitement.

Nice shot of the woodlice though.
You mean cheesy bugs, right? ;p

scw55

Hyper Poster
Think it's because the world feels like it sucks and very serious at the moment? That we wish for the crazy safe feeling (at least in the UK) of the 90s?

I did like the video for The Chooser, but I can also feel like sort of blends too easily with other things. It doesn't stand out. It's not fun. It's like watching an intro-video for a symphonic metal band.

Will

Strata Poster
It's not fun. It's like watching an intro-video for a symphonic metal band.
But symphonic metal's lots of fun! :p :p

I was put in mind of one of the darker genres, to be honest.

I still don't feel that this project's much to be excited about, but with it being my local park and as 'a coaster' is better than 'no coaster', I'll watch the videos just because they're there. It's easier to complain about them online that way ;)

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Did someone say Wicker Man?

7_C1_A8795-6160-4613-_BFBD-63_C51_C96399_B.jpg