What's new

Additions that have turned a park into a "destination park?"

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
What parks would you say have been transformed from a "regional park" into a "destination park" because of a single additon? A park that us enthusiasts will travel long long distances to get to specifically because of that addition? For me, a few come to mind. I have been to none of these parks, but they are parks that are now on my bucklet list that previously weren't, because of one single edition.

1. Carowinds, Fury 325- Before Fury, Carowinds looked like a good park, but not one I'd travel across the country for just itself. With the addition of Fury, it is a destination park. I need to get here ASAP as Fury looks like one of, if not THE best coaster B&M has ever built.

2. Dollywood, Lightning Rod- Even though it isn't 100% open yet, Lightning Rod has changed my opinion on this park. Before, it looked like a great park with great theming, staff and some decent coasters. Now that Lightning Rod is here, in many peoples' opinions, the best RMC, it has become a destination park for me.

3. Lagoon, Cannibal- Before this, I never pictured myself going out of my way to come here. Now, if I ever do a West Coast trip, this will be a huge priority, all thanks to Cannibal.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Re: Additions that have turned a park into a "destination pa

A few that come mind are Boulder Dash for Lake Compounce, Balder/Helix for Liseberg, Shambaha for Port Aventura, Wildfire for Kolmarden, and the Mack launch that will most likely be going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

Basically any RMC that a park gets turns it into a destination park. Kolmarden, SFFT, SFM, Kentucky Kingdom, etc...

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Black Mamba @ Phantasialand. Before BM the park was really well themed with some nice family rides but lacked something for the thrillseekers. This invert started to change this and Taron definitely makes Phanta a destination park.

Alpina Blitz turned Nigloland from a pretty park with no outstanding coasters to a must go, especially for French enthusiasts.

Edward M

Strata Poster

HW- Voyage
SDC- Outlaw Run
HKDL- Mystic Manor
CA Adv- Radiator Springs Racers
Hollywood Studios- Tower of Terror
Islands of Adventure- WWoHP (I loved it before, but this made the whole resort an international destination)
SFOG- Goliath
Holiday Park- GeForce
SFDK- Joker
CW- Behemoth/Leviathan
Kemah- Boardwalk Bullet
SFNE- Superman

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Gardaland - Raptor
Europa Park - Silver Star
Portaventura - Dragon Kahn

Build a big B&M = job done (except walygator parc)

JoshC.

Strata Poster

Colossus at Thorpe might be worth putting in the hat. Definitely put the park on the map and they pulled in a big increase in numbers in 2002. And was an obvious turning point for the park too.

Also Helix for Liseberg, because Helix.

spicy

Giga Poster

Don't think any park has been propelled into the spotlight for enthusiasts in recent times quite like Kolmarden has.

Doubt many people had even heard of the place until Wildfire was announced.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Energylandia, Formula 1.

I really want to see what Vekoma has done.
Also, in 2018, another big plus will be there new Hyper Coaster.