What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

codeman94

Mega Poster
This is super fun to follow, but I do wish they would at least tease something that tells us WHEN we will know. Start a countdown to the announcement, something.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Patience makes virtue.

Screamscape just posted some new photos, chief among them a glimpse of new track connection underneath the lift hill, giving us a taste of where the track will be headed on the post-MCBR lap.

db_2017_0518_MeanStreak31.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just hoping it carries momentum through the second half. This is where NTG really dawdled about.

LightDark18

Roller Poster
With the new footers on the MCBR, it looks like just a straight line, which both excites and scares me at the same time. Keeping a MCBR there is very risky, especially considering how NTG just loses momentum in the second half and RMC learned from their mistakes from then-onward. They COULD just keep the MCBR and litter the second half with tight, ejector airtime hills low to the ground to play off that low momentum.

However, I still think a launch is what will go there. Sounds good on paper, except when you remember Lightning Rod. Maybe it'll be a steady launch that doesn't require the train to stop altogether (think Maverick's launch).

Sythe

Mega Poster
^ If there was a launch then those hills after the MCBR would be either bigger or more drawn out. Don't get your hopes up for nothing.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Intricks

Strata Poster
It doesnt have to be a fast launch though. If it were a launch (dont think it is), it could be like Manta's 2nd launch which really doesnt speed up the train all too much, but helps give the 2nd half of the ride some more oomph.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sythe

Mega Poster
Mean Streak is no doubt going to have a lot of speed going into that MCBR though. It doesn't need a launch.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

codeman94

Mega Poster
I think its pretty awesome/intentional that pretty much as soon as it was announced that Mean Streak was "getting the Ax" all of RMC's social media accounts went dark. There haven't been any posts in 39 weeks on Instagram, and they used to post fairly regularly.