What's new

Kings Island | Mystic Timbers | GCI Wooden Coaster

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^well thats a shame. This ride looks really damn good. Great that there's gonna be a good woodie in the park. Cant wait to get to it in June<3

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
TBH, I don't want to know what's in the shed, but for a good reason:

From April until I go to KI, I will NOT visit this thread, visit Youtube, or even read/watch any of the news surrounding the #Whatsintheshed. I will do this so I can be surprised, and so I can have a better experience. I will not speculate that much, but I really want to be surprised by this ride.
Don't get me wrong, I want to ride this woodie, as it will be my first GCI (I know, haven't been much anywhere) and, of course, to find out what's in the shed.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Still keeping my bet on a "bridge through rotating drum" madhouse type of situation.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Still holding out for all the old themed bits from Tomb Raider: The Ride.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I was looking back through the earlier replies and laughed.

The probability of KI getting a giga in the coming years is probably pretty slim. But there's still that chance. I'm glad they went with a woodie instead of a giga, because it's been so long since I've heard of a brand new wooden coaster in the states, or the rest of the industry. KI's great when it comes to wooden coasters. Racer is an excellent example (it did save the theme park industry when it opened, after all) of this.

If KI is to get a giga in the coming years, it'll be in the X-BASE area of the park. Or they'll go with an Intamin Accelerator, something I've been wanting to see from them for a while now. I still think that since they aren't doing anything with the old Spongebob theatre near Racer's turnaround, tear it down, build a whole new area, and make an Intamin Accelerator (or Blitz. That'd be cool too) that goes through the woods and is terrain based.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

davidm

Strata Poster
Ha, was watching that ^ expecting a train to come by, but then spotted the guys standing on the track so perhaps not.

Ben

CF Legend
That video of it going over the water is actually pretty fab, maybe this will be better than I thought?

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I'm glad they went with a woodie because it's been so long since I've heard of a brand new wooden coaster in the states.

Seriously? Where have you been hiding?
2017 - InvadR, Mystic Timbers, Mine Blower
2016 - Lightning Rod
2015 - Switchback
2014 - Roar-O-Saurus, Goliath
2013 - Gold Striker, White Lightning, Outlaw Run, Flying Turns,