What's new

What is your favourite roller coaster manufacturer?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Hyde, surely your favourite manufacturer is whoever is building Cedar Point's next roller coaster? ;)

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
B&M. Once I ride more intamins that could change. I've only ridden 1 intamin and it was built like 30 years ago. I like b&m's because I'm a huge fan of G-force & floater airtime. Most people like ejector air better but nah I like floater because it usually last longer. Floater air makes you feel like the train is flying, ejector air makes the train feel like it's gonna fly off the tracks :lol:

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Intamin. Their airtime machines are so fab and elegant! They produced quite a lot of not so good rides too though.

RMC and Mack follow behind. With B&M just outside my podium.

Last edited:

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
Vekoma.
People fail to realize their contributions to the ride industry.

2nd Place: Mack
Buttery smooth fun rides.

3rd Place: S&S Sansei, Tied with Gravity Group as well as Intamin
All of these are super innovative companies that make smooth rides.

4th Place: B&M
Their rides are getting bland.

5th Place: PTC, Tied with Arrow, as well as Schwarzkopf.
I would put Schwarzkopf higher, but their rides are fetting scarce. Also, super classic rides.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I don't have a strong opinion about manufacturers myself (I mean, not one personal favorite company that I champion above the rest), but I'm intrigued to see Mack get so much love here -- not just general appreciation, but love, as it's vying for number one in this thread.

Could this be the European influence on this forum?? From what I've seen over the years, for some time here in the States, the battle for number one among most enthusiasts has been between B&M and Intamin, with RMC recently entering as the new wild card. I expected these three to top most people's lists.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
For the limited coasters I've done, I'd say B&M due to lovely floaty airtime, but Mack are a close runner up due to sheer variety.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow- gerst? Controversial! May I ask why?
I'm guessing by the fact that he has The Smiler as his best coaster that he thinks Gerstlauer are up there with the best. Which is laughable. :p Of course, they're by no means the worst, but they're definitely not up there with B&M and Intamin. I do think they're reasonably creative, but their track shaping and comfort does leave a little to be desired.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I'm guessing by the fact that he has The Smiler as his best coaster that he thinks Gerstlauer are up there with the best. Which is laughable. Of course, they're by no means the worst, but they're definitely not up there with B&M and Intamin. I do think they're reasonably creative, but their track shaping and comfort does leave a little to be desired.
I just think that their ride designs are really cool. There aren't a lot of coasters with beyond 90° drops, and those that do are mostly Eurofighters.

Sure, they're a little on the rough side, but they're unique and really cool in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

jayjay

Giga Poster
I'm guessing by the fact that he has The Smiler as his best coaster that he thinks Gerstlauer are up there with the best. Which is laughable. :p Of course, they're by no means the worst, but they're definitely not up there with B&M and Intamin. I do think they're reasonably creative, but their track shaping and comfort does leave a little to be desired.
I kind of agree with you, but now that I have two in my top five, I feel like I have to defend Gerst at least a little bit. Gerstlauers work best with some combination of the following: indoor sections, lap bars and launches. My two favourites have two each and with the right park, they can light up. I must admit to not minding Gerstlauer Brain Mash™ though.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Um... matter of opinion?

Yeah I got that much, but was simply asking what it was specifically that you liked about them? I've yet to ride a Gerst that I really love, which have you ridden that you love?

zazobo

Hyper Poster
He does, but I hadn't appreciated until I read the 'never have I ever' thread, TLA hasn't actually been on The Smiler...

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Yeah I got that much, but was simply asking what it was specifically that you liked about them? I've yet to ride a Gerst that I really love, which have you ridden that you love?
Mystery Mine and Fire Chaser Express.

Imagineer Josh

Mega Poster
Overall, even though this may seem like a surprise, I'm gonna go with B&M. I love RMC, but I've only ridden 2 RMC coasters compared to riding every B&M model (well except the Family Inverted Coaster of course)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Wow- gerst? Controversial! May I ask why?
Gersts are fab, shush. ;)
I've actually yet to ride a coaster of theirs that I would dislike (the spinner in Prater is super bland, but not exactly bad). Basically any other major manufacturer (apart from B&M) has been a mixed bag to some extent, while Gerstlauers mostly did deliver. If it weren't for Megas and Blitzes, I'd even say they are better than Intamins (from my experience).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Gonna have to go with B&M.
I spent most of the Noughties hunting down monster B&M's and ticking off parks that had plenty of them. Been on 32 of the things and I can honestly say not a single one of them has been 'bad'.
The very worst thing I can say about B&M's is that some of them are a bit 'samey'.

Lately I've developed a love for other manufacturers too - Intamin, Mack, RMC, even Vekoma and Gerst', but it'll always be Claude and Walter who got me here, so B&M gets my vote.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gonna have to go with B&M.
I spent most of the Noughties hunting down monster B&M's and ticking off parks that had plenty of them. Been on 32 of the things and I can honestly say not a single one of them has been 'bad'.
The very worst thing I can say about B&M's is that some of them are a bit 'samey'.

Lately I've developed a love for other manufacturers too - Intamin, Mack, RMC, even Vekoma and Gerst', but it'll always be Claude and Walter who got me here, so B&M gets my vote.
This (although I spend most of the noughties being far too small to ride a B&M ;)). B&M have always been, for me, the big flagship manufacturer. They just feel like quality. They're the first coasters that I used to see pictures of and would spend ages researching them and where they were. It was from there that I think I realised there were other manufactures out there!

I've ridden more B&Ms than any other manufacturer (B&M: 57, Vekoma: 54, Intamin: 41), and I can't think of a genuinely crap one. enjoyed every one.

Of course, RMC and Intamin also have some pretty epic creations, and my highest B&M sits at #4 (Fury 325), but I think I'm still a bit of a B&M fanboy at heart.