What's new

What Do You Carry Around a Coaster Park?

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Oh, and here in the States many frequent parkgoers get these giant plastic bottles that they can refill for free (or at a discount) all day. I get the hydration part of it (although it's geared to soda, which is a questionable source of hydration), but I do NOT get the urge to voluntarily lug around a huge, unwieldy plastic container all day. It seems more like punishment than convenience to me. I'd rather pay for any drink I get whenever I get it.

My big purse, because I'm a burden and God forbid my makeup might get ruined on a water ride :p

I literally bring everything. I don't feel comfortable unless I have at least my wallet and makeup bag, so that all goes in my purse. Sucks paying for lockers but oh well.

jayjay

Giga Poster
I don't like carrying things in pockets, so I usually put the wallet and phone in a backpack. With it, usually a water bottle and maybe a coat if I'm expecting rain. If I'm staying somewhere overnight, I usually end up taking everything with me and carting a full change of clothes and washing stuff in my bag.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This would make for a great CoasterForce video!

I carry as little as possible; and what I do carry can either fit securely in jean pockets, hands, or zipped jacket pockets (during colder weather).

What I bring is:
  1. sunglasses - carried in-hand or in zipped pocket while riding. For slower rides I'll wear them.
  2. cell phone - in regular pocket while riding. I am always sure the pocket is securely covered by a belt strap/restraint for double safety.
  3. wallet - same as the cell phone, in a regular pocket while riding.
  4. chapstick - in the pocket too.
  5. car keys - on a triple-action carabiner on a belt loop. They're not going anywhere.
I will try to bring a light jacket in as many months as I can. Even if it is warmer, I will carry the jacket around, and use it only to carry items while riding. In this way, I can avoid the cost/lost time of lockers.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I tend to carry my problems around with me.
I have a small bag with me that has the park map, poncho, bits of paper that I insist on bringing, camera, ipod, water etc. Normally keep phone, wallet and keys (some instances passport too) on me because I get very worried that someone might take my bag while it's on the platform.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Usually I wear cargo shorts (you wouldn't catch me dead wearing cargo shorts anywhere else BUT amusement parks) and put my phone, wallet and car keys in the cargo pockets, because I don't trust the normal pockets. However, this gets kind of uncomfortable because you can feel all that stuff pretty hard when the restraints (more so lap bars) are down. I may have to try those lanyards that GWAS mentioned this summer to hold my money and passes so I don't need to bring my wallet into parks anymore.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Minimalist D...one key, £20 note, season pass and glasses strap.
Proud to say...no mobile phone...ever.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I usually have my mobile phone in my bumbag, and a small rucksack or similar with jumper, drink, camera and maybe some snacks (unless it's a park with an ott no food rule(ie anywhere in the UAE!))

If it's a day trip, and I've had a long journey, i might have my mp3 player, headphones (and I mean real headphones as I hate earbuds!) - Although if lockers are available, I'll usually drop some off in those!

Astro61201

Roller Poster
I usually go in a group, so I'll usually just carry in zipped pockets! (Very Crucial to ensure that any 'loose articles' are kept in place on ride) my phone, wallet and keys are kept I such pockets as well as a park map, although I'll usually lose this. Food and such is in a rucksack which is either put in a locker/ cubby hole or taken care of by somebody who isn't on the ride (a person from the group, I don't walk up to a stranger through my bag at them and walk off!)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
E, whenever I drop acid before hand.
JK (though I know someone who has done that, seems an utterly terrible idea to me) and I get sunburned way too easily anyway

I go minimalist. My phone, wallet. Pretty much it. Don't carry maps, don't need anything else.
I have never had zipped pockets. I was never concerned about it because never once has anything flown out. Until....Twister at Knoebels. Yup, Kingda Ka, Skyrush, Maverick, El Toro even Phoenix....all good, but for some reason that one did it.
So now I'm a bit nervous. Though do you feel zipped pockets are necessary? What about just using the buttoned pockets? Seems the same thing, and I can't imagine that getting undone.

BTW the next day, as I was about to go to the store for a new one, my home was called, by Knoebels. The phone somehow survived, a park employee found it, they thought to look at contacts, call home to tell me, and mailed it to me the next day. They don't joke about that small park mentality!

Astro61201

Roller Poster
I just used zipped pockets because it's what I have, I'm sure that buttons would do the trick just as well, it's all really for piece of mind to be honest.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I just used zipped pockets because it's what I have, I'm sure that buttons would do the trick just as well, it's all really for piece of mind to be honest.
I was going to say the same thing: zipped pockets give me peace of mind. Yeah, buttoned pockets will probably do the trick, but with keys and change ... At least with zipped pockets I KNOW that nothing is flying out, so I can relax completely and just enjoy the ride.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Personally, I wear one of my travel vests (I prefer SCOTTeVest, because of the plethora of zippered pockets). Wallet, phone, powerbank, car keys, sunglasses, camera. Easy as pie.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I usually carry a man bag which has enough room to carry my wallet, phone, camera etc. For me it feels like less hassle than a rucksack and it also sits under my arm securely, which is more of a concern outside of parks in busy touristy areas.

Snoo

The Legend
Cellphone and Wallet. Why bring more? Leave the rest in the car to avoid the hassle of carrying stuff around on a hot day or having to pay for a locker to put it in.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I usually carry a man bag which has enough room to carry my wallet, phone, camera etc. For me it feels like less hassle than a rucksack and it also sits under my arm securely, which is more of a concern outside of parks in busy touristy areas.
What does "sits under my arm securely" mean? Are you holding it down with your arm against your body then? If so, how does that work on, say, a flying coaster with lots of inversions?

Sandman

Giga Poster
What does "sits under my arm securely" mean? Are you holding it down with your arm against your body then? If so, how does that work on, say, a flying coaster with lots of inversions?

The strap is just about long enough to sit comfortably under my arm without any issue. Also, I don't wear it on-ride unless the 'bags on ride' rule applies ;)

Mrsupersonic8

Roller Poster
Usually what I carry is nothing more than fit on me or in my pockets: cellphone, wallet, hat, and sunglasses. I also usually have cargo pants/shorts, so I can put things away without having to leaving my stuff in the station (except maybe my hat). However, If the park has a waterpark and I plan on visiting it (which is rarely, if ever), I will usually bring a bag with a towel, swimming trunks, sunscreen, and flip-flops. This does mean having to pay for everything in the park, though, but I'm not complaining entirely; as long as the prices are fair, the food is good, and it supports the park, I'm willing to let it slide.

Last edited: