What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Drone flying is also illegal. Totally not in support of that either.

But never mind someone peaking over a fence to photograph against park rules, this is in regard to leaking private documentation/footage. Its another worse level of disrespect and disregard to those involved.
I know what you mean but all this talk of ‘disrespect‘ etc is a bit over the top tbh. It’s not like anything is being ruined other than a surprise for those that wish to spoil the surprise for themselves.

It’s fair to say that most people on here are sick to death of waiting, will view a POV or whatever as soon as it’s released (officially or otherwise) and will nevertheless remain excited and visit the park to ride it at some point. If people feel so strongly about it they can ‘respect’ (?) the park by not viewing any purported ‘leaks’ and wait for the ‘official reveal / POV’ and bask in the surprise provided as authorised by PL.

I sit pretty squarely in the middle - I’m not fussed either way, but people of different points of view should seek common ground. After all, aren’t we all coaster fwends?! Fweeends!! \o/

luminosty MR

Roller Poster
Yesterday the park appeared to do some filming of Rookburgh, as vaguely seen from this photo:
View attachment 9363
From Paul Nightingale, PhantaFriends
i bet they are filming the trailer thatis going to come out next week

New wall update:
IMG_20200817_110220554.jpg.5b94aca3d3eef4c3d5e4a339066e81bf.jpg

From Phantafriends user "TOTHFan"
looks like light or smth

I spoke to a guy from thr park yesterday (12 september).I asked when F.L.Y. will open and he said he couldn say something ut i schould wait till the 7 of oktober. The guy was standing at river quest and spoke to me because i forgot my mask. we then spoke a bit and so. But what that means we got another hint for oktober 7 :) btw im new here can somebody explain me this whole webside??? or is there also an app for this??

Timo

Roller Poster
And knowing how to quote images from really old posts, giving answers that don‘t make sense. „Looks like light or smth“. Really? We already know what it is, and it‘s not the lights.

Plus, „can someone explain me this whole website?“ Yeah. It‘s a forum. There you go. You‘re welcome.

Timo

Roller Poster
The ALDI guy lost his mask ?

...so that‘s in the face of those who complained about the flat wall inside the area. Clearly not finished yet as well. They keep adding details and depth.

Last edited:

luminosty MR

Roller Poster
So, you have no idea what this website is, implying you've never known it before, but you figured you'd make an account on it anyway out of nowhere just to spread a rumor about an opening date? Uhuh.
yes sir

The ALDI guy lost his mask ?

...so that‘s in the face of those who complained about the flat wall inside the area. Clearly not finished yet as well. They keep adding details and depth.
tru but i think it wont tage more then a month to do that

th
thanks or just Danke ich schaue deine videos schon lange sind immer seehr informaativ :)

MOD EDIT: Triple posts merged. Use the edit button instead of multi-posting - Pokemaniac

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
I spoke to a guy from thr park yesterday (12 september). I asked when F.L.Y. will open and he said he couldn say something ut i schould wait till the 7 of oktober. The guy was standing at river quest and spoke to me because i forgot my mask.

When asking Phantasiland employees this question I never winkled anything out of them. But ok, I have never actually forgotten my mask. That must be it! ?

Ethan

Strata Poster
"Depth" lmao. Those are details, they don't add much depth. Our complain was that it's just one big flat surface with little knick knacks stuck on, to give it true depth would to have recesses, overhangs, variations in how far the walls comes out, how tall they are etc.

DereineFabo

Roller Poster
"Depth" lmao. Those are details, they don't add much depth. Our complain was that it's just one big flat surface with little knick knacks stuck on, to give it true depth would to have recesses, overhangs, variations in how far the walls comes out, how tall they are etc.
Yes I understand your complain, but you should never forget how small the area is we are talking about. And to create the feeling the area is bigger, you need to have tall thin walls. Otherwise the area is too full and you get anxious. They don't have space like Disney or other big theme parks. And also they don't have the same amount of money. It is really a small park. And I think if you are on the ride or inside Rookbrugh it looks not that flat to you. But we will see.

Ethan

Strata Poster
How could you complain, without having been there? This is nuts.
You haven't been either, so how do you know it does have depth? Not everyone has to agree with you. This is a forum for discussing exactly this.

I love how people think I'm hating on it all the time. I'm actually a PL fanboy and I know what magic they can create which is why I feel so strongly about this. If you can't handle somebody criticising something you like (without being there either), maybe CF isn't the place for you.

Madflex

Roller Poster
You haven't been either, so how do you know it has depth either? Not everyone has to agree with you. This is a forum for discussing exactly this.

I love how people think I'm hating on it all the time. I'm actually a PL fanboy and I know what magic they can create which is why I feel so strongly about this. If you can't handle somebody criticising something you like (without being there either), maybe CF isn't the place for you.

I didn't write it has depth nor did I write it is awesome. I am just curious and positively looking forward to the opening of that area and then I will finally be able to make my opinion about Rookburgh. Regarding what the park achieved within the last years, I am pretty confident, it will be good and I can't understand your concerns.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I didn't write it has depth nor did I write it is awesome. I am just curious and positively looking forward to the opening of that area and then I will finally be able to make my opinion about Rookburgh. Regarding what the park achieved within the last years, I am pretty confident, it will be good and I can't understand your concerns.
That's completely fair.

However this topic is rife with people attempting to shut down any criticism of the area and it's quite sad really. I think some of those people are new to the forums, and I imagine they signed up because of this coaster, which is lovely but if you can't stand somebody not having the same opinion as yourself (not saying this is you @Madflex) it's not the website for you.

As for Rookburgh, I'm super excited too. I really want this to open, it to look flawless and Phantasialand will have shut me up real good. But I'm looking at it from a design POV, as I think others are too. Set design is my background so obviously I'll be critical of something if I think it looks shabby. And I think the walls (in terms of finishes and such) look shabby in the images we've seen. If you disagree, that's honestly fab. Just don't cry "oh you're just complaining to complain". I am not. I want to love this project so badly it hurts, because I love Phantasialand.

KrassesMoped

Roller Poster
Just leave it alone. You can't argue with some people.

In fact it's all a matter of opinion. You like it or you don't like it. It's that simple. Really!

Second this. Some things are just meant to provoke - sometimes it's just best to not let them do so.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I think some of those people are new to the forums, and I imagine they signed up because of this coaster...

I’ve also noticed there are quite a lot of new posters in this thread.

I may be a fellow newbie but I’m beginning to suspect that there are perhaps fewer posters than I originally perceived; in reality there is me, a couple of others and one other person with a increasingly unstable personality disorder making multiple accounts and speaking to himself. This is backed up by my perceived likelihood of multiple people being excited about a wall.

(M. Night Shyamalan version - although I’m completely unaware, it’s just me posting... what a twistttttt)