What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

scragnoth

Roller Poster
At least Flash: Vertical Velocity from SFDC still has an inversion listed :) https://rcdb.com/1143.htm

I still remember when me and some others from Coasterfirends forum (I'm there with the same nickname) wrote Duane about it so he was convinced enough to add the inversion. It's clearly one after the spike had to be changed from 90 to more like 40 degrees to fit the 150ft height limit.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
It's a bit of a stretch to class this as "news" per se, but I do love what Walibi Holland have been doing on social media during lockdown. From giant Duck Races along the Rapids ride course:

To sending water dummies round on Untamed without the caps on to see whether the front seats or the back seats lose the most water:

That Bravenboer fella (great guy, met him I have) is clearly having far too much fun at the moment, seemingly having the park to himself to make ridiculous videos like these. ?

This is why I ❤ Walibi Holland!

Following on from 'Rapids Duck Race' and 'Untamed Water Dummy Challenge', more ridiculousness from Walibi Holland.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Cake Shot! ?
Gotta love thoshe crazshy Dutch. Hoi hoi!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Blue Flash and Blue Too live!

And not only that, they are hoping to get them safety certified so anyone can ride them!

To this day the most terrifying coaster I've been on.

Very pleased they were able to relocate and give these unique coasters a new lease of life but I would be VERY surprised if some of the...uh...larger coaster fans will be allowed to ride Blue Flash. I physically can't see it being able to withstand the weight without some intense modifications.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Is that the one that derailed?
I believe so.

Also, a "Spinning Coaster 3000" by Maurer has gone up for sale. "Completely new custom-designed" with non-inverting loop that was manufactured this year. Assuming this was ordered for a park and just never built? Anyone got any info on this?

Also noticed a boomerang for sale on the same site that was made in 1991. Only one Boomerang appears to have been made then according to rcdb and that is Hersheypark's one. Seems kinda random though. I guess it could be one of the ones built in 1992 if they were manufactured the year before perhaps?

EDIT: For avoidance of doubt the photos are usually not accurate, the post was based off the written information in the postings.

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
And clearly the photos used are not the ride(s) for sale haha
The green/yellow ride being the old Knotts one that already found a new home.... and the blue/white one is an old photo from Geauga Lake pre-Six Flags

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
And clearly the photos used are not the ride(s) for sale haha
The green/yellow ride being the old Knotts one that already found a new home.... and the blue/white one is an old photo from Geauga Lake pre-Six Flags
I am aware of that (actually had it in a previous edit but for some reason never made it into the final post, probably assumed it was obvious that they don't use the right photos considering the boomerang one shows two different rides including one that is well known to have a new home already.....) the post was based off the written information listed not the photos.

Last edited:

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Also, a "Spinning Coaster 3000" by Maurer has gone up for sale. "Completely new custom-designed" with non-inverting loop that was manufactured this year. Assuming this was ordered for a park and just never built? Anyone got any info on this?
[/URL]

I remember seeing this in the "No Six Flags Dubai... for now." thread a week or two ago, posted by @roomraider...

As a small tangent. There is apparently currently a custom Maurer Spinner for sale on the 2nd hand market. I assumed it was either the one at Respublika in Ukraine that never opened or the one at Shaoxing in China that has been sat around unbuilt for a few years. But it could possibly be the one here if there are no plans for DXB to build it now.

Asked the guy who sent met the image and yes it is online.

View attachment 8215

I think we have a match! This Maurer SC3000 appears to be from the cancelled Six Flags Dubai.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I remember seeing this in the "No Six Flags Dubai... for now." thread a week or two ago, posted by @roomraider...

As a small tangent. There is apparently currently a custom Maurer Spinner for sale on the 2nd hand market. I assumed it was either the one at Respublika in Ukraine that never opened or the one at Shaoxing in China that has been sat around unbuilt for a few years. But it could possibly be the one here if there are no plans for DXB to build it now.

I think we have a match! This Maurer SC3000 appears to be from the cancelled Six Flags Dubai.
Thats still speculation. The other possibility is Six Flags China since that park now seems dead and was also supposed to get a Maurer spinner. (Maurer not having much luck with delivering spinners) The Shaoxing Mirror Lake one that is currently sat in pieces at the park site in China is a possibility but I understood this one was due to have a trick track feature like the ones at Phantasialand so I suspect its not this one. The one at Respublika I would assume would have a weird support setup as it was due to be setup inside a shopping mall so I also doubt its that one.

The Six Flags Dubai one though is owned by DXB and they appear to be putting the rides planned for SF into the existing parks like Motiongate and Bollywood so I dont see why they would sell theirs.

All in all we have no idea which one it is but if it sells and opens somewhere it should be fairly obvious where it came from when that track moves.