What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
If Grey was the colour approved by planning, grey should be the colour of the coaster. Unless they formally submit a request to amend the planning application and hope that it’s approved, a process that should be public knowledge. Failing that, these sorts of things are difficult to change later, if you do not adhere to the original conditions of approval. Flamingoland already have form here, I sincerely doubt they want to push their luck any further with the council / LPA.

As an example, the business I own has a kitchen extractor fan, which has restricted operation hours attached to it’s planning approval. Very restrictive on Sundays. The council stated that they would have been willing to amend / discharge these hours had the other conditions been adhered to and discharged in a timely manner by the original applicant (namely a noise survey, carried out on the installed equipment within 30 days.) But, as this was not done in time, despite being done by me, a new owner operator, since... They are not willing to discharge the operating hours condition at all!!!

UK planning and LPA’s are a minefield, and I don’t really fully understand them, I pay people who do... But I know this much, you don’t screw with your LPA if you’re likely to need them again!!! And FL will need them every few years!

rob666

Hyper Poster
Mingo have a reputation for doing things on the cheap, and testing the boundaries of planning, lots of arguments in the past over the temporary nature of the structures.
I wouldn't be surprised if they "get round" the planning by promising to paint after the first season, due to the poor weather.
Then forgetting.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Mingo have a reputation for doing things on the cheap, and testing the boundaries of planning, lots of arguments in the past over the temporary nature of the structures.
I wouldn't be surprised if they "get round" the planning by promising to paint after the first season, due to the poor weather.
Then forgetting.
The fact they have form ‘should’ be more reason to do things by the book! The LPA are within their rights to consider past applications, and the status of all conditions, when deciding on new applications. As a company that has to make applications every few years, surely they don’t want those applications to be denied because the LPA are unable to approve them ‘With Conditions.’

I say ‘should’ because that would be the mindset of a reputable company... Or maybe mingo just hold a lot more weight with their LPA than most companies do.

spicy

Giga Poster
Maybe this is going to be a lot better than people are willing to admit. This trench could be a prime headchopper moment.

They didn’t have any choice with the trench tbf the layout requires it before the cobra roll.

Still acts as a nice moment in the coaster layout, hopefully they cover them over even more than they have on Altair.