What's new

Universal Studios Beijing | 2021

Ethan

Strata Poster
That’s definitely taller than IoA Hulk, right?
I think it's the same height, but because there are no buildings close to it yet, it appears taller perhaps? I actually think it looks really small, but that's just me. At first I thought maybe they've used a slightly thicker spine, but I can't be sure.

Peet

Giga Poster
There is an article published yesterday claiming there will be a B&M invert in addition to the Hulk clone:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There is an article published yesterday claiming there will be a B&M invert in addition to the Hulk clone:
Got to imagine that's a typo? As there is already a Mack Inverted coaster put up on site and there's no sign of a B&M invert on the park plans.

However stranger things happen at sea so who knows. But I'd suggest it's just a mistake.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, I thought it was odd when I saw a tweet refer to two B&Ms in the park. If there really was a second one I think we would have seen it under construction by now.

I agree with @roomraider that it's just a mix up and they're thinking of the Mack.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hmm, I thought it was odd when I saw a tweet refer to two B&Ms in the park. If there really was a second one I think we would have seen it under construction by now.

I agree with @roomraider that it's just a mix up and they're thinking of the Mack.
Just to throw a controversial spanner in the works for a laugh.
There is currently a B&M invert or flyer at the plant awaiting some paint....

However the plans for this park have been out for ages. Its almost certainly going elsewhere.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Big announcement of areas in the new park. I'm on my phone in a taxi in China so can't really go into detail in this post but I'm sure someone else here can break this news down. Looks really cool with a bit more info on some of the rides.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Thanks Matthew

A set of Chinese videos with views of the park.

And a nice view of the 2nd half of the new Hulk clone.

FB_IMG_1570881610320.jpg

Matt N

CF Legend
Looking good! Some of the lands look very nice; I think we could be in for a real treat here, especially considering that this is Universal's first theme park to be built since WWOHP basically changed the company's fortunes forever!

Also, is it just me, or do some of the transitions on Beijing's Hulk clone look quite a bit smoother and somewhat less awkward than those of the Orlando original? Very good to see; one of my main gripes with Orlando's Hulk is that it isn't exactly the smoothest of B&M's, so to see this one looking somewhat smoother is great to see!

So all in all; looking great so far, Universal! Keep up the good work!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm really interested in what the Jurassic World ride will be (hoping for something unique), but otherwise I'm not massively excited yet. It will be an amazing park, but there's just a bit too much copy and paste going on.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
I was going to say; the Mack suspended powered coaster will certainly be a unique ride for this park, and I'm sure there will be others!

Matt N

CF Legend
In a rather interesting move, it would seem that guests will enter Universal Studios Beijing using facial recognition technology instead of having to show a ticket:
Very interesting; hopefully it works better for me than fingerprint scanning did at Universal Orlando in 2016...