What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don't know how to reply to multiple posts in 1 post... So I will try not to post anything any more! I was new to Coasterforce...
It's okay - you can ask. :)

You can hit the reply button, which will insert the quote into the message box where you can then type your comments. Simply start a new line, scroll up to the next post you want to reply to and press the reply button again - it'll add a new quote into your text and you can carry on. Rinse & repeat and you'll be a pro in no time! :D

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
EuroMir is widely believed to be next for a EuroSat style retrack/refurbishment. It is not being removed.
And as has been said the new coaster shall be in a new, most likely an Eastern European country, themed area behind Greece/beside Russia - the land currently used by the Traumatica Halloween Event. The Halloween event is rumoured to then receive permanent housing in the basement of the new area.
I also doubt think it will be a Big Dipper nor an Extreme Spinner, didn't the park confirm it would be something new?
Yes it was said to be a new kind of coaster, while also being a mix/combination of other coaster types too...?

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It wouldn’t make sense for EP to “showcase” a ride like the extreme spinner, or Big Dipper.. because there are already versions built out there. Mack would simply showcase those rides in those parks.

cookie

Giga Poster
I remember reading that a Euro-Mir retracking was on the cards after Eurosat was completed, but I don't know if other areas of the park having to be addressed because of the fire didn't push basically every plan the park had outside of the hotel/waterpark combo back.

I maintain that the park could use a major flat or a drop tower as much as it could use another major coaster though.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
EuroMir is widely believed to be next for a EuroSat style retrack/refurbishment. It is not being removed.
And as has been said the new coaster shall be in a new, most likely an Eastern European country, themed area behind Greece/beside Russia - the land currently used by the Traumatica Halloween Event. The Halloween event is rumoured to then receive permanent housing in the basement of the new area.
Yeah, I heard Romania, Croatia and Scotland (weird) were possibilities? Could be wrong though.

cookie

Giga Poster
I imagine the reason they don't have/won't ever have a drop tower or similar flat ride is because of capacity. I don't see how even Europa Park could get a decent throughput on a drop tower, even if it's a huge Gyro drop with 30+ seats.
Doesn't have to be some huge gyro tower, a themed tower in the vein of Tower of Terror or Mystery Castle that could run multiple cars at once could work.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
My bet on the next country 'land' being either Poland or Czech republic, being neighbours to Germany - and both also having a Darth of Folktales and History to be investigated - I can see Europa delving in darker more Gothic themes like Hansa have done recently.
I don't see Scotland being used due to Hansa debuting their Scottish area around Highlander and Nessie - but who knows?

I have a theory too that they might try an inverted coaster, a coaster model MACK haven't attempted yet (apart from the Arthur powered types), they know inverted coasters work well if done right i.e. no need for a gimmick - but would be new enough for them to 'showcase'.

Other than that I could see them stepping up on the big dipper models to be more like Gert's Infinity coasters - and throw in some gimmicks like backwards sections, drop tracks etc - which would work at europa giving that they'd try and tie it around story elements.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Yeah, I heard Romania, Croatia and Scotland (weird) were possibilities? Could be wrong though.
Yeah those have been rumoured. From what I've heard quite recently Scotland was considered at an early stage but abandoned and its almost certainly going to be something Eastern European.

Some kind of darker Gothic theme as chainedbanana suggested would certainly be fitting for permanently integrating/housing their Halloween event infrastructure.

Roland Mack did an interview with Blooloop recently for his birthday where he did actually express an interest in an Xtreme Spinner in the future.

There is a lot of ride capacity in the park, but we also have a lot of guests. Some days we have over 40,000 people, so there is still room for two, three or four big capacity makers in the future.

“One ride I think would be a really perfect fit for us is the Time Traveler [Xtreme Spinning Coaster], which we sold to Silver Dollar City. It’s a fast ride, but I think it’s still a family ride. It has wonderful cars and a perfect track layout. In general, I would really like to have a ride like this in our park, but the waterpark was a big investment.”https://d302e0npexowb4.cloudfront.n...lver-Dollar-City-US-roller-coasters-2018..jpg

Source - The full article is an interesting read

There's something I have always wondered. First it was set to be located behind Greece and then it is in the centre of the park, but where exactly on Google Earth is Europa's next coaster? Since the max year is 2022, because of this pandemic, I'm thinking 2025/26 maximum, minimum 2024

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It is still behind Greece on the Traumatica (Halloween event) site - that is essentially the middle of the park.
The Traumatica houses are temporary; the mazes are rumoured to be re-housed within the new area's in the basement.
The Satellite Dish beside EuroMir at the bottom end of this site was mentioned to be in the way of the new area in a recent NeXTParkNerds video (a series hosted by two members of the park's creative team) so presumably it will be removed for more space - plus a big dish towering over an Eastern European themed area would be quite jarring.

Some work re-organising and moving neighbouring backstage facilities already started/happened a few months ago. The Immer Wieder Sonntages TV show venue directly behind the Greek flat ride Icarus will also need relocated further back eventually (I did hear a rumour this summer would have been its last on the current site but obviously given events that may be postponed).
20200515_125025.jpg

I've roughly marked out the area Traumatica uses and presumably the space the new area will or partly take over.
The rest of the site I've not circled beside is essential backstage facilities and where some stuff is being moved and restructured.

Of course however as posted here in the Coronavirus Thread Europa Park have put on hold investments of €40million which undoubtedly is mostly made up of this new area and coasters. Whether it was originally going to happen in 2022 or 23 after the fire delay; presumably we can add another year or 2 delay on now.

It is still behind Greece on the Traumatica (Halloween event) site - that is essentially the middle of the park.
The Traumatica houses are temporary; the mazes are rumoured to be re-housed within the new area's in the basement.
The Satellite Dish beside EuroMir at the bottom end of this site was mentioned to be in the way of the new area in a recent NeXTParkNerds video (a series hosted by two members of the park's creative team) so presumably it will be removed for more space - plus a big dish towering over an Eastern European themed area would be quite jarring.

Some work re-organising and moving neighbouring backstage facilities already started/happened a few months ago. The Immer Wieder Sonntages TV show venue directly behind the Greek flat ride Icarus will also need relocated further back eventually (I did hear a rumour this summer would have been its last on the current site but obviously given events that may be postponed).
20200515_125025.jpg

I've roughly marked out the area Traumatica uses and presumably the space the new area will or partly take over.
The rest of the site I've not circled beside is essential backstage facilities and where some stuff is being moved and restructured.

Of course however as posted here in the Coronavirus Thread Europa Park have put on hold investments of €40million which undoubtedly is mostly made up of this new area and coasters. Whether it was originally going to happen in 2022 or 23 after the fire delay; presumably we can add another year or 2 delay on now.
Thank you very much ? I do think that we are looking at 2024/25 for this coaster and I believe that it could well be a Mack Xtreme Spinning Coaster or tbf it could be the rumour of several types of coaster mixed together, so could be a new Mack coaster with elements of a Launch Coaster, Xtreme Spinning Coaster and a Dive Coaster maybe.

EDIT: I think they'll use the changes to Traumatica as a way to completely relaunch the event with a new marketing scheme for it in 2021

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
At the Blooloop V-Expo, Michael Mack anounced that Europa Park will get 5 new rides, at least two new themed areas and a brand new rollercoaster for 2023 putting an end to the 7 year drought of new creds at the park ! (Cancan doesn't count :p)

Finally they seems to go back on track after the Piraten fire and Covid ! I hope some fantastic stuff and theming by looking at the recent additions in the park

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Interesting! I wonder where they will go, the park is pretty jam packed already and backs directly onto Rust. I did hear rumours of a big coaster somewhere in the centre of the park, but that’d mean losing some stuff.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Its been known for a while the coaster will go behind the Greece and Russia areas where currently Traumatica and the Immer Weider Sonntags show venue are.
As mentioned in the previous news/wilderness of speculation thread.

Excited though now we have for the first ever time an actual year announcement. Hope its finally actually happening. Surprised somewhat though after the impact of covid.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting! I wonder where they will go, the park is pretty jam packed already and backs directly onto Rust. I did hear rumours of a big coaster somewhere in the centre of the park, but that’d mean losing some stuff.
When we were there a few weeks back we did muse about them doing something on the Traumatica site (for lack of a better word).

EDIT: @CSLKennyNI beat me to it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Mod note: I have merged the two threads. Exciting to see this develop following this new news, but think we can keep it as one long thread. :)