What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

Ethan

Strata Poster
Could that be deliberate? Universal Studios is built around the whole concept of fake sets, blurring the line between movie magic and real-life practicalities, and revealing the backstage to you.
I'm almost certain it's not on purpose. In videos and documentaries about the construction and design of Diagon Alley at the other park, they're constantly on about everything being immersive and like you're there. I'm pretty sure that in the films we don't see Harry and the gang stumble across Karen, from Ollivander's, having her 7 minute fag break out the back next to the bins.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I am SO excited for this. Even though I was sure it would open before I'm down there in December there was a small part of me concerned for any possible delays but now my concerns have vanished! YAY!
Now if Disney can get Galaxy's Edge open by December 1 that would be FANTASTIC.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I suppose they needed to get the buzzwords 'Hagrid', 'motorbike' and 'magical creatures' all in the name to sell it but it's such a mouthful. I wonder what it will be abbreviated to in time.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I hate the name. Should have just called it Hagrid's Motorcycle Adventure and called it a day.

Whoever already named the topic that name gets a bonus point from me. Might not be the official name, but I can't face seeing that train wreck on the forums just yet so it can stay.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Based on the sizing of the letters even they're embarrassed about the 'Magical Creatures' bit so it'll almost certainly be referred to as Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure by most people. I mean, it's crap isn't it, but then a lot of the other ride names at the park aren't exactly imaginative are they? Jurassic Park River Adventure. The Simpsons Ride. The Incredible Hulk Coaster. They're very much 'does what it says on the tin' ride names aren't they? :D

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
For some reason, Universal's recent names have been bugging me lately. They all seem... bland, and a bit unimaginative. Filled with flashy adjectives like; Universal's Epic Universe, Universal's Fantastic Worlds, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, etc. How is it that Disney tends to come up with more to-the-point and inventive names?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, people are overreacting about the name. Is it good? Lol no. Is it worse than Flight Deck? **** no.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
For some reason, Universal's recent names have been bugging me lately. They all seem... bland, and a bit unimaginative. Filled with flashy adjectives like; Universal's Epic Universe, Universal's Fantastic Worlds, Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure, etc. How is it that Disney tends to come up with more to-the-point and inventive names?
To be fair, the term "Magical creatures" is pretty well established in the Harry Potter books. Hagrid himself teaches the course "Care of magical creatures", for instance. Whenever the subject of beasts is brought up in the Harry Potter universe, the term "Magical creatures" is used, adjective and all. It's even a Wikipedia article.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be fair, the term "Magical creatures" is pretty well established in the Harry Potter books. Hagrid himself teaches the course "Care of magical creatures", for instance. Whenever the subject of beasts is brought up in the Harry Potter universe, the term "Magical creatures" is used, adjective and all. It's even a Wikipedia article.
Yeah, but it's still a bloody mouthful!

Lofty

CF Legend
I think another reason for this is to further separate the eventual Fantastic Beast attractions in the third park and it hints heavily that the IP will be featured in the new park. At the heart of things, magical creatures or fantastic beasts are both, in reality, the same thing - they're animals within the Wizarding World. This separation in definition just further frees up space for other names that aren't THAT similar within the UOR world.

I do dislike the name though and think 'Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure' would have sufficed, but oh well.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I imagine another reason they've included 'magical creatures' is to highlight to people that there will be magical (and scary) creatures throughout the experience. Just to show it's not just 'you're going on a jolly motorbike ride with Hagrid', but also there will be some other things involved.

Like Ethan, I hate the name, but dunno what else they could have called it.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Does the term 'magical creatures' include dragons? Cos that would be cool - journeying into the forest to encounter 2 warring dragons going at each other. They could call it 'Hagrid's Warring Dragon Motorcycle Adventure'. No wait... what's a better word than warring? Duelling, that's it. Imagine that - 'The Duelling Dragons'.
Nailed it. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'd actually be shocked if a dragon wasn't featured during the ride. Hagrid did take care of a dragon's egg after all.

What would be totally awesome is if Universal paid homage to Dueling Dragons by having the two magical beasts going at it in the likeness of the old entrance somewhere along the new coaster's circuit.