What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
When RH was announced to be closing i immediately booked a trip to Walibi in the last week of opening, glad i did RH had some nice airtime but was a bit jolty. This will be the first RMC i will ride and first coaster i've followed the build on fully. Excited is an understatement

Snoo

The Legend
When RH was announced to be closing i immediately booked a trip to Walibi in the last week of opening, glad i did RH had some nice airtime but was a bit jolty. This will be the first RMC i will ride and first coaster i've followed the build on fully. Excited is an understatement

Don't let it build you up TOO high. The "holier then thou" feeling many people have towards RMCs doesn't help when they get disappointed. There are phenomenal RMCs but there are also ones that are just pretty good to average. Pray for goodness but go in blind so you don't overhype yourself.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Don't let it build you up TOO high. The "holier then thou" feeling many people have towards RMCs doesn't help when they get disappointed. There are phenomenal RMCs but there are also ones that are just pretty good to average. Pray for goodness but go in blind so you don't overhype yourself.
No No, My excitement level is set at "What ever they do with it, it will be significantly better than RH" and quite a new experience, if it turns out to be great then even better. Winner Winner

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Have heard nothing for either side. I'm just gonna assume Legacy Trains (Gen 1) for all RMCs unless the park says/unveils otherwise.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Buzzing for this.

Tempted to stay away from this thread so the layout is a complete surprise when I ride it around the opening date.... Who am I kidding.

giphy.gif

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
With new videos being released monthly i cant wait till January. As this is my first RMC build is it correct that the lift takes the most amount of time to track and after that its relatively plain sailing? If so will be very interested to see what January holds, Will the drop be built by then who knows?
Will be very intrigued to see what the train design is like especially the front carriage, anyone any ideas?

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Agreed. I like the creativity but I really don't think travelling at that angle at this speed will be comfortable anyway.

davidm

Strata Poster
I like to think of them as Alan's little joke ; he knows he doesn't have to do anything there and there is nothing he can really do there given the station/lift hill positions inherited from the original ride, but he's just dropping in some silliness for the sake of it. :)

Agreed that they don't add anything to the ride, but I appreciate the "joke".