What's new

Vleermuis to be removed at Plopsa(?)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
According to the ride sales site "Intermark Ride Group", the Caripro Batflyer "Vleermuis" is being sold.

http://www.intermarkridegroup.com/rolle ... ter-rc1359

Vleermuis is the only one of it's kind that opened in 2000(it was manufactured in 1999), and the picture matches the ride. Nothing has been confirmed by the park, but this could be a surprise removal.

Thoughts? Good riddance? Bad decision? Discuss below!

peep

CF Legend
Not really new news but I think this might be the first topic specific to it.

Originally the park were going to get rid of it to make room for the new woodie, I think they changed their minds about that. It's taking up a prime piece of the park though and the throughput is atrocious so it makes sense they still want to remove it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend
We had a thread for this a while back I think. IIRC the original rumour was that it was going to be relocated to Plopsa Coo.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
My 200th cred! It's fun enough but not the best ride in the world, I'm sure no one will cry tonight on the breaking of this news...unless you didn't get the two creds of course ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
My 200th cred! It's fun enough but not the best ride in the world, I'm sure no one will cry tonight on the breaking of this news...unless you didn't get the two creds of course ;)
That would be me then :(
Bugger was down when I went last year, apparently having it's Elevator hydraulic drive and Cylinder replaced.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I got one of them, not worth the long queue twice when there were so many other things to get on.

The park has definitely out grown it though. I'm quite surprised it's up for sale, moving it to one of their smaller parks makes a lot of sense (unless of course the running costs are getting too high).

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
DelPiero said:
Jordanovichy said:
That would be me then :(
Bugger was down when I went last year, apparently having it's Elevator hydraulic drive and Cylinder replaced.

Fingers crossed it doesn't get sold to Inner Mongolia or Kazakstan then ;)

shawnoc

Mega Poster
That would be a shame if they went. They are a nice unique ride although they are a capacity nightmare. Sounds like if they go this could be the next area to be redeveloped/themed.
What would they put in to replace them? There is a fair amount of space, also the woodie will run behind this area.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Indonesia it is. As the ride heads to yet another Trans Studio park. This one will be called Trans Studio Action park in Cibubur

211118vleer.jpg

https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/111...nIWzlpKmB3lm4p3OUz5uczq4RcLaRousmofE3pNCiaqfQ

The parks been on my radar for a while but to be honest I was expecting one of the 2 Boomerangs currently being rennovated in Europe to show up first thanks to this fairly old artwork
image.jpg

Construction of the complex is well under way but theres quite a long way to go as shown by this recent video