What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I honestly couldn't care less about this ride, for the simple fact I probably won't be going to Cedar Point for many years, and it will probably be overrated anyway. It's already overhyped. (I'll admit though, I am jealous that it isn't in the UK).

Pear

Strata Poster
I honestly couldn't care less about this ride, for the simple fact I probably won't be going to Cedar Point for many years, and it will probably be overrated anyway. It's already overhyped. (I'll admit though, I am jealous that it isn't in the UK).
Like it doesn't have good reason to be very hyped up.

May 20th can't come soon enough!!

Benenen

Hyper Poster
What on earth does this post contribute to the discussion? What makes you think it's overhyped and overrated ATI?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If you don't have anything other than that to contribute, just stop talking. It's hyped up so much because it deserves the hype, unlike a certain insanely overhyped UK addition.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It looks great, it will most likely be a top 20 ride in anyone's book book, except yours, because you're so well travelled.

Knob.

Matt N

CF Legend
I, for one, think that this looks absolutely jawdropping! That hill clip alone had me drooling, and who doesn't love the thought of 27.2 seconds of airtime? Roll on 2034, or whenever I eventually am able to visit Cedar Point!

Now let's hope that the Beast from the East doesn't reach Ohio on May 4th...

Hutch

Strata Poster
It even looks like it flies over that large airtime hill. First half should be relentless!

I'm not too sure what to expect from that tiny hill after the drop. For anyone who's done Twisted Colossus, what are the little airtime hills after the first drop like?

Ethan

Strata Poster
It looks great, it will most likely be a top 20 ride in anyone's book book, except yours, because you're so well travelled.
Knob.

(Hate to even slightly defend ATI, but...) I wouldn't disagree that this coaster is overhyped tbh. Don't get me wrong though, chances are it'll ride like a dream, and I do wish it was closer to home. Even coasters like Taron, which is many peoples no.1/top 3, weren't as hyped up as this. And before anyone lashes at me, I'm not supporting ATI's post, it was dumb. However I can't disagree with this being fairly overhyped.

As for that GIF posted earlier, I think it may be slightly off in terms of speed, as a lot of GIFs are, but I'd happily be proven wrong. Really looking forward to seeing how the second half of the ride looks, going through the dense structures of the first half! Apparently the smaller hills and turns on RMCs are better?

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Still holding back my judgement until my booty is in the seat and I'm flying down the first drop. It does look like a fun ride but I've been disappointed before by RMCs so I'm not holding my breath.

This.

It looks great, but I hope it rides as well as it looks. I've been let down by my own expectations too many times.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It even looks like it flies over that large airtime hill. First half should be relentless!

I'm not too sure what to expect from that tiny hill after the drop. For anyone who's done Twisted Colossus, what are the little airtime hills after the first drop like?
You get a nice pop of air, but nothing compares to the ejector on the large hill right after. Consistently get a standing feeling on those, and that's what I think the first proper hill will be like as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The lift will have lanterns going up it:-
29356202_1650624658353991_5073701259685396480_n.png