What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

balrog

Mega Poster
The new Vekoma track design uses a solid triangle of steel to link the rails to the spine. These ones don't. So yeah, looks like Intamin indeed.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The cross ties do look a different shape. I305 and those coasters have cone-shaped ties, whereas this looks to have more Y-shaped ties.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Some pictures for comparison then...

h9IBtH2.jpg

The Intamin track presumably for the Dueling at Wanda Guanzhou (Source: CoasterFriends.de)

xfrPARR.jpg

The Hyperion rails (Source: SkyScraperCity)

cAl9fub.jpg

Lech Coaster track (Source: Myself :p)

Perhaps Intamin updated a bit their track design for Hyperion?

Benenen

Hyper Poster
The new gen Intamin track is really hideous to look at. Like imagine how ugly Taron would be with it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That really is strange track. I guess this coaster is a new model from Intamin.
And wasn't the track meant to be a sea-blue? It seems like they've gone with a very, very, VERY dark blue. It almost looks black.

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
It's definitely not pretty.. but as a matter of interest why doesn't Taron have it? Are parks able to request which they'd prefer or would it not have worked with Taron's tight layout?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Am I the only person who doesn't see the problem with this type of track? To be honest, I actually prefer it to Taron's style.
I think this type of track is fine for a hyper, I don't see any problem with it at all.

I definitely think that it would not suit Taron though...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
No problem with how this track looks. Slightly prefer the older style track a la Taron, but this is fine.

Looking forward to seeing this go up. Hoping for it to be open August-time, as that'd fit in nicely for me, but we'll see...

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I've never been excited by mud and concrete footers in my life this much tbh. Actual rail assembly can't start too soon though!

EDIT:

Last edited: