What's new

CF Lives 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
13-15 Oct - GhosterForce (Movie, Hiede, Hansa)
Oooo, Friday 13th. Have checked the dates, the Halloween stuff is on at the parks. Have left Hansa for Day 3 in case people want to go off to Denmark afterwards. This will be a late finish on the Sunday. I will organise everything again so please don't book flights or time off work until I've worked out a cost and you're guaranteed a place. By end of Feb, promise.

Sorry to be sarcy and all that - but is it the end of feb yet? :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Here's the score regarding GhosterForce.

I'm working two jobs, with very little time for much else during awake hours. Organising a huge trip like I have done in previous years is something I love to do, but it is also very time consuming. My two job situation is likely to stay in place until September, therefore I am currently unable to dedicate the huge number of hours required to arrange hotels, payments, car hire etc.

With that in mind, and reading that several people are considering possible add-ons such as Denmark, on this occasion, it would be easier for me and those doing add-ons, if GhosterForce attendees arranged their own transport between parks and accommodation; in a similar vein to what's happening with the Plopsa/Asterix Live. I'm sorry if this puts people off attending but I'd rather everybody felt confident arranging stuff than having me do everything when my free time is sketchy!

I will, of course, contact the parks to try to arrange a few perks group entry etc. I'll be doing the Faffle, doing the other random stuff I can think of and shepherding the group on the days. I'm now going to set up a GhosterForce planning topic so we can find out who's going, who's driving/has spaces and discuss places to stay.

Again, I'm really sorry that this is a change from the typical Euro/GhosterForce Live organisation that we have come to expect, but right now it's the only way I can make it work, but the Plotrix Live has proved that it does work!

nadroJ

CF Legend
That's absolutely fair enough Ian! I think a lot of us now are confident in booking our own **** anyway, and let's face it we'll likely all end up spending the night in similar places anyway.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
For anyone looking to book resort accommodation for the PortAventura Live, there's free cancellation (up to 16th November) on the official PortAventuraWorld website, and on Booking.com.

According to both sites the only remaining rooms are at Hotel PortAventura. Hotel El Paso is fully booked and the other ones aren't open all weekend, so unless there's different info on another website, it might be worth booking now if you're looking to stay on resort.

Ben

CF Legend
The resort looks like it's loads so we booked a fab apartment ten minutes walk away for €30 each for three nights yayyy.

If there's any offers I'll rebook but meh.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
The resort looks like it's loads so we booked a fab apartment ten minutes walk away for €30 each for three nights yayyy.

If there's any offers I'll rebook but meh.

Amazing! That's a dead good price.

We're doing 3 nights as well. Defo not cheap on resort, but I've not been in 10 years and Liz has never been so don't mind paying a bit more this time around.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Pray tell, dear man, what hotel and flights have you booked that were cheap as chips?
(Just so I know which ones to avoid, obvs ;) )

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Howie being a cheeky bast
I've booked Luton flights as I'm down south, but works out a smidgen over £50 each with booked seats Friday afternoon to Monday lunchtime.
Hotel/Apartments we are at is the Ibersol Spa Aqquaria, 10 minute walk from the park, indoor pool, just over £100 for the 3 nights, sorted.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Cheers jockey, just scoping out some options for now.
Those flights to Barcelona or Reus?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sorry to but in re PortAventura discussion etc, but what is the interest like for the proposed Chessington Live on 10th September?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^I was just about to explain how Chessington wasn't really a priority trip for me this year, what with Waliplopsterix, Ghosterforce and PA etc... (I've done well to get that lot past Mrs Howie as it is!)
.... But as it turns out, Mrs Howie is away that weekend doing horsey things. And while the cat's away etc....
So yeah. I'm in.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Likelihood is Conor and I will be swamped with weddingy things so probably won't make it to Chessington.

Status
Not open for further replies.