What's new

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
After a 15 year gap between rides I have a new response:

The Incredible Hulk.

Got back from Universal about 36 hours ago, and I think maybe my head is back to normal!
I don't know if I simply have forgotten, or it's gotten rough in its age, but I had quite a thrashing.
I was super excited, we went in the counter direction so I waited alll day to get to Hulk, was super pumped, got on and yikes! Every non loop element bashed me, (and I'm quite good at holding myself straight to avoid it to a degree) and even the turns were rough. I had a fairly major headache after and used my solo time (my group didnt like coasters and went shopping) to run back to Dragon Challenge and ride em each. Was perhaps the most disappointed I've been in a coaster.
Anyone know if the ride has slowly gotten rough or the refurbishments somehow mucked it up?

Hutch

Strata Poster
^I had no problem with Hulk's smooth/roughness, and I rode it in a few different rows. Didn't even brace myself either. Where on the train did you ride?

Edward M

Strata Poster
After a 15 year gap between rides I have a new response:

The Incredible Hulk.

Got back from Universal about 36 hours ago, and I think maybe my head is back to normal!
I don't know if I simply have forgotten, or it's gotten rough in its age, but I had quite a thrashing.
I was super excited, we went in the counter direction so I waited alll day to get to Hulk, was super pumped, got on and yikes! Every non loop element bashed me, (and I'm quite good at holding myself straight to avoid it to a degree) and even the turns were rough. I had a fairly major headache after and used my solo time (my group didnt like coasters and went shopping) to run back to Dragon Challenge and ride em each. Was perhaps the most disappointed I've been in a coaster.
Anyone know if the ride has slowly gotten rough or the refurbishments somehow mucked it up?

Me too!! I never black out on rides, really ever. However, I blacked out from the cobra roll to the first helix. The last coaster I had blacked out was Intimidator 305, and that was only during the first turn! It was also just much rougher than usual, and it seemed to have lost that adorable 90s charm it once had. It really fell in my rankings, but I consider it different from the old Hulk actually. I hope it was just a bad ride, but, after hearing this, it feels like those rough rides may be more normal than they should be.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
^I had no problem with Hulk's smooth/roughness, and I rode it in a few different rows. Didn't even brace myself either. Where on the train did you ride?
It was I think 4 rows from the front? Basically in the middle, not like first car but not the back either. When was it you rode? Before or after 2016?

Me too!! I never black out on rides, really ever. However, I blacked out from the cobra roll to the first helix. The last coaster I had blacked out was Intimidator 305, and that was only during the first turn! It was also just much rougher than usual, and it seemed to have lost that adorable 90s charm it once had. It really fell in my rankings, but I consider it different from the old Hulk actually. I hope it was just a bad ride, but, after hearing this, it feels like those rough rides may be more normal than they should be.

Hmmm interesting. I didn't black or grey out at all (which I did grey on I305) it was just very rough. Damn shame because I recall not being too impressed back in 2002 (or can't remember accurately) the ride was very fast and forceful/intense. Awesome layout. If it was smooth it'd be a top 12 for me no question, but I didn't even want to ride it again. I sincerely enjoyed Hollywood RRR much more, rode it 3 times in a row the next day

Hutch

Strata Poster
It was I think 4 rows from the front? Basically in the middle, not like first car but not the back either. When was it you rode? Before or after 2016?
I rode it in March! I've done the old one as well, but I didn't recognize any major differences with how it feels. It's not quite the smoothest, but I found it good enough to keep my hands up and get multiple consecutive rides. I was kind of all over the place with the rows I did.

mouse

Giga Poster
I was disappointed by my first ride on The Big One. It looks so imposing and exciting off ride, and the first drop is amazing. After that all I can remember is the roughness and lack of forces.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I was disappointed by my first ride on The Big One. It looks so imposing and exciting off ride, and the first drop is amazing. After that all I can remember is the roughness and lack of forces.
The poor seal in your avatar looks as if it's just gotten off The Big One and found it underwhelming.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
This is another one that has suffered, (through no fault of its own) from too much having passed:

Ravine Flyer II. Front row was rough but fine, middle and back: very rough, my head was hurting good!
Also airtime was lots of floater, was good, but guess I expected more. Second half seem to peter out, shame because first half was quite vicious
Was fun but failed to make my top 10 which I expected it to crack

astead04

Roller Poster
Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at Universal Studios Florida.
I thought this ride was going to be absolutely amazing, but I was so disappointed, mainly due to how this ride rattles a bit. I enjoyed Revenge of the Mummy a lot more than that, and when the indoor coaster is better than your main roller coaster, something needs to be sorted out.

Matt N

CF Legend
In my lifetime, I'd say I've had three coasters that have disappointed me:
  • Oblivion at Alton Towers. However, this was when I first rode in 2013 when I was 10. The ride has grown on me much more as I've gotten older, and it's now my 3rd favourite coaster at Towers!
  • Manta at SeaWorld Orlando. When I rode in August 2016, I had only ridden Galactica/Air previously, so I was expecting some sort of reformed flying roller coaster from reviews I'd read online. Unfortunately, other than the pretzel loop, I didn't think it was overly different to Galactica, and I actually found it to have a bit of a rattle, which I wasn't expecting! I think the problem was that I was expecting Manta to be a top 10 coaster and it wasn't.
  • Dragon Challenge at Islands of Adventure. I didn't exactly have high expectations of these rides, but they were incredibly jolty, which I wasn't expecting! The layouts weren't anything fantastic either. I came off both with a knocking headache! Admittedly, I never got to ride them duelling, which I'd presume improved these coasters a bit.

Suicide Seats

Roller Poster
Griffon at BGW. I had seen videos of Oblivion at Alton Towers for the longest time. When Griffon was announced for BGW, I was so excited to ride it. Maybe it was the theming of Oblivion that I found so impressive because Griffon just seemed kind of pointless once you finished the 1st drop.

Sandman

Giga Poster
OzIris for me. I love B&M inverts and expected this to rival Nemmy & Mamba, instead I place it somewhere between Inferno & Batman La Fuga. It ain't a bad ride though to be fair.