What's new

Bellewaerde | Dawson Duel | Racing Alpine Coaster

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
dawsonduel-2_1.jpg

Building20Site_HR_zpsjyxjtkuc.jpg

This looks like loads of fun! Nice to see them add two more CREDS to the park.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
The park's press conference highlight video shows more of the construction progress so far:

DD-TechDataSheet-EN.jpg

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Opening tomorrow. Shame it's a bit slow, but I'm sure the racing element will make up for it! Also looking at it now it looks so weird riding on that wooden platform for the whole ride rather than going down a mountain.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Opening tomorrow. Shame it's a bit slow, but I'm sure the racing element will make up for it! Also looking at it now it looks so weird riding on that wooden platform for the whole ride rather than going down a mountain.

Im hoping it just looks super slow because there no weight in the carts. It really crawls down in that video!

I'll hopefully be riding before the Plopsterix Live and I'm secretly really excited for this cute little park.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I mean, the structure looks cool, but the ride itself does look pretty slow.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Isn't the video showing it with no rider though? It'll be faster with someone in it.

But, yeah, Meh. I'm going in the summer and had already planned it before this thing popped up, so I'm seeing it as a bonus.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Themenparkfreaks.eu has reported that the park has managed to double the capacity of Dawson Duel. Together with the manufacturer (Wiegand) some adjustments were made so that more cars can be on the track at the same time (the park also bought 6 more cars). The electronic braking system has been optimised, as well as the boarding process. The changes have been approved by the TÜV.

http://themeparkfreaks.eu/2018/03/bellewaerde-verhoogt-capaciteit-van-dawson-duel/

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Themenparkfreaks.eu has reported that the park has managed to double the capacity of Dawson Duel. Together with the manufacturer (Wiegand) some adjustments were made so that more cars can be on the track at the same time (the park also bought 6 more cars). The electronic braking system has been optimised, as well as the boarding process. The changes have been approved by the TÜV.

http://themeparkfreaks.eu/2018/03/bellewaerde-verhoogt-capaciteit-van-dawson-duel/
Yeah, but has it stopped being s**t though?