What's new

Worst Value parks

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
As the title says - what are your picks for the parks with the worst "rides&quality/entry price" figures?

I'll start with LEGOLAND in Dubai.

ride /attraction line up:
- awful kiddie coaster
- Almost as bad family coaster (albeit with a reasonable dark ride section)
- a rather dull shooty dark ride
- a submarine ride through an aquarium (probably the best thing there)
- a 4d cinema
- a handful of flat rides
- Uninspiring "miniland"

all for £60.... Yikes!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Michigan's Adventure
especially if you go there with a Platnium Pass
At least they have a roller coaster with my name in it. And a good water park.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
As the title says - what are your picks for the parks with the worst "rides&quality/entry price" figures?

I'll start with LEGOLAND in Dubai.

ride /attraction line up:
- awful kiddie coaster
- Almost as bad family coaster (albeit with a reasonable dark ride section)
- a rather dull shooty dark ride
- a submarine ride through an aquarium (probably the best thing there)
- a 4d cinema
- a handful of flat rides
- Uninspiring "miniland"

all for £60.... Yikes!
Sounds exactly the same as the new Japanese one, but at least that one was a bargain at just £48.

Legoland Florida is the biggest piss take. $90 for a bunch of second-hand rides, most of which were there already, and a smell of raw sewage. Their prices are telling you that they count themselves as equal to Disney and Universal, and they're completely delusional.

F**k Legoland quite frankly. F**k them.

A fair few of the Japanese parks take the piss as well. I've already moaned about Himeji Park in my trip report, but I remember Tobu Zoo costing about the same as Tokyo Disney, which is clearly f**king ludicrous since it's a s**thole with one decent coaster.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
USH is ****ing outrageous for 5 simulators, 2 coasters, and a back lot tour. Harry Potter ballooned the **** out of that place...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Serengeti Park, north Germany, 32.50 EUR for a crappy Zierer lol. When I went there were 2 creds and it was quite a bit cheaper, but nowadays, not worth the coin. Even as a Zoo the price is quite high, not sure of the quality of the animal enclosures.
I hear that Dubai's parks are pretty damn expensive, and there's a bunch of parks there now, will get expensive quickly.

Spencer

Roller Poster
The worst value park has to be Southport Pleasureland if you go on all of the rides once. It was about 3x the cost of Blackpool pleasure beach just down the road.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
The worst value park I've been to was Seaworld San Antonio last year. $70 for the ticket, $20 for parking. So $90 for a Batman clone, a mediocre Morgan hyper, a water coaster that some don't even consider a cred and a kiddie ride. Now, I did have a fun time here, it was just so damn expensive. Someday I'll pay that again just because Wave Breaker looks cool.

TilenB

Strata Poster
USH is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing outrageous for 5 simulators, 2 coasters, and a back lot tour. Harry Potter ballooned the :emoji_zipper_mouth: out of that place...

Wait, how much does it cost to get in now? I remember it being about 80$, but that was before Harry Potter and Transformers were a thing.

Serengeti Park, north Germany, 32.50 EUR for a crappy Zierer lol. When I went there were 2 creds and it was quite a bit cheaper, but nowadays, not worth the coin. Even as a Zoo the price is quite high, not sure of the quality of the animal enclosures.
That sounds quite insane, considering that most of the top-notch ZOOs in the region are about half the price. Urgh...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Wait, how much does it cost to get in now? I remember it being about 80$, but that was before Harry Potter and Transformers were a thing.

That sounds quite insane, considering that most of the top-notch ZOOs in the region are about half the price. Urgh...
I think it's $109...a pass is $125 for so cal local.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I've gotta say that Disney Hollywood Studios is a bit ludicrous these days. $119 in the peak days for a park with 5 rides. Literally half of the park is gated off. I love Tower of Terror, but it is certainly not worth $99-119.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
I dunno about Tobu Zoo. I would think, with the (lack of) crowds they get, $100 would be a worthy price for marathoning a Mega-Lite.

I'll second USH for worst value. Even the food there is abysmal.
Mt. Olympus also is bad value. Sure, it's $10 to get in, but they charge like $50 for parking and force you to stay in one of their garbage hotels.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I dunno about Tobu Zoo. I would think, with the (lack of) crowds they get, $100 would be a worthy price for marathoning a Mega-Lite.

I'll second USH for worst value. Even the food there is abysmal.
Mt. Olympus also is bad value. Sure, it's $10 to get in, but they charge like $50 for parking and force you to stay in one of their garbage hotels.
Or you could pay $30 for Happy Valley Shanghai, whore their Mega Lite, which is a filler at that park and gets no attention, and also get a dive machine and amazing woodie as a bonus.

And sorry, but what are you talking about with Mount Olympus? In what way are you forced to stay in one of their hotels? As for parking, it's walkable from anywhere in the Dells. There's literally no reason to pay anything above $10 for it, which is amazing value.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, I think Mount Olympus is a really good value. $50 for ERT for 4 woodies, 2 waterparks, and a room? Considering most hotels in the area are around $100 a night for nothing but the room, that's a steal.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Beech Bend. I was in Bowling Green, KY two summers ago to visit the Corvette Museum and didn't even bother. It's currently $36 for entry for carnival rides, unpaved midways, and a sub-par GCI.

Ben

CF Legend
Every Legoland, everything in the UAE, Himeji Park and Tobu Zoo all spring to mind as just being outrageous.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Every Legoland, everything in the UAE, Himeji Park and Tobu Zoo all spring to mind as just being outrageous.
Aye, everything in the UAE is very expensive! IMG was the only one that felt like it just about justified the entrance price. There's no way Ferrari World does.

To be honest, I don't really recall ever coming across any other parks where the value seemed really bad. Maybe I've just been lucky!