What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
:O Those pictures. Jesus!

Our wait for the first Cedar Fair RMC will have been worth it. Also kudos to those kids, speculation or not that was some sincere number crunching and figuring. A 200 foot RMC at CP? Booking my hotel room now

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Those pictures really show the amount of wood that has been added to the structure for each element, it's in no doubt really that this is going to be over 200ft, just by going to the amount of wood added to the other elements, a comparable amount added to the lift hill would nudge it over 200ft.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Guess it only makes sense, the Point will have to keep up tradition: The biggest, fastest RMC yet. Seriously, those pics have me more excited than I've been in a long while, and it's a year away still

djreplay26

Roller Poster
I think it'll be around 250ft tall, the drop will be a lot steeper than before so that will give them another 20-30ft in length plus they've raised it up 20ft from where it originally was.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Heres the thing though - they cant go too high unless they plan on going beyond 90 for the drop because of the little bunny hop at the bottom of the first drop going into the first hill.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

amt5626

Roller Poster
IMG_8229.PNG Hey all, new here. Been following this project for quite some time now. Incredible how this is finally happening after so many years of talking about it. RMC Mean Streak has to be one of my favorite projects to follow that I can remember at Cedar Point. Reminds me of watching Dragster and Maverick going up without really having any idea as to what was happening. I am honestly surprised the layout has not been leaked yet in typical Cedar Fair fashion. But by the looks of it, we could theoretically have the full layout before any announcement is even made.

Edit: Forgot to mention, but I caught a pic of Mean Streak on the CP webcams yesterday as someone was messing around with the view. ;)

Last edited:

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Wow, just wow...
Also, thanks everyone trawling the internet and posting these updates - they always make my day better ;) It's also fantastic that we can actually share these photos freely (unlike*coughcough* TPR)

The question is, where does it go next? The original design had the track head back through the lift structure, which is certainly possible, but maybe there's a chance they'll do something different? Take a look at this (gorgeous) photo here:
nms3-jpg.1158

After that mini wave turn at the top, the ride could conceivably head down the side of the road, potentially via a multi-down resembling THAT Lightning Rod quad down that seems to be every enthusiast's wet dream right now. It would have to get back over that tiny little bunny hill, then could potentially head into the MCBR, in the opposite direction to its original incarnation? I might be wrong (and we may well get a multi-down on the other side after heading under the lift instead), but either way, we're in for some exciting elements in the near future. There are still a few bents leading up to that little opening that are still intact, but the way they've cut the structure back around the high speed bunny hill got me thinking....

It'll be interesting to see how the ride comes to an end - Mean Streak, especially the post-MCBR part of the layout seemed to spend a lot of time weaving in, out and under itself. Perhaps we could be looking at some high speed banked turns and maybe even an inline twist, in a similar way to how Wicked Cyclone ends?
For those with the burden of actually having ridden MS, I presume that element of travelling through that giant wooden structure made the ride a bit more interesting?

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I hate to burst your bubble but RMC Hurler's gonna open 2 months before RMC Mean Streak.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Oh true. Oops. Well...my bubble is still pretty darn inflated, especially with more pics :)

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Wow, just wow...
Also, thanks everyone trawling the internet and posting these updates - they always make my day better ;) It's also fantastic that we can actually share these photos freely (unlike*coughcough* TPR)

The question is, where does it go next? The original design had the track head back through the lift structure, which is certainly possible, but maybe there's a chance they'll do something different? Take a look at this (gorgeous) photo here:
nms3-jpg.1158

After that mini wave turn at the top, the ride could conceivably head down the side of the road, potentially via a multi-down resembling THAT Lightning Rod quad down that seems to be every enthusiast's wet dream right now. It would have to get back over that tiny little bunny hill, then could potentially head into the MCBR, in the opposite direction to its original incarnation? I might be wrong (and we may well get a multi-down on the other side after heading under the lift instead), but either way, we're in for some exciting elements in the near future. There are still a few bents leading up to that little opening that are still intact, but the way they've cut the structure back around the high speed bunny hill got me thinking....

It'll be interesting to see how the ride comes to an end - Mean Streak, especially the post-MCBR part of the layout seemed to spend a lot of time weaving in, out and under itself. Perhaps we could be looking at some high speed banked turns and maybe even an inline twist, in a similar way to how Wicked Cyclone ends?
For those with the burden of actually having ridden MS, I presume that element of travelling through that giant wooden structure made the ride a bit more interesting?
A bit, but not much. Honestly it was a dreadfully boring and slow ride, despite its height and speed, 2/3 feels like you're slowly coasting through nothing. The structure of it all is honestly what I liked most!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Wow, just wow...

That was actually the very reason I chose this forum over TPR!
But About the RMC Mean Streak, I am excited about what will happen with those ledgers/support things!

Barrett

Roller Poster
Do you think CP will do some type of weathering treatement on the new wood that is added to RMC Mean Streak to make the colors match? Or do you think they care or I feel the GP even care? I know they won't do it, but it would be cool if they painted it all white! I think it would really stand out and look even more amazing than it already does currently

CP Rundown

Roller Poster
Do you think CP will do some type of weathering treatement on the new wood that is added to RMC Mean Streak to make the colors match? Or do you think they care or I feel the GP even care? I know they won't do it, but it would be cool if they painted it all white! I think it would really stand out and look even more amazing than it already does currently
Give it a year or so and it will match the old wood that is there. :)