What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
1deb31061d1b7cfc5499f269742a0ea6.jpg

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Bit of a weird name but I like the theme, I'm thinking massive pagoda station with some pretty landscaping and fountains outside. It will probably end up looking tacky as hell but there's loads of potential to get excited about.

So glad they didn't go with a racecar theme, I'm much more hyped for this now.

Lofty

CF Legend
Here's my issues:

The logo is awful - it reads as 'DaggerCon' or 'Con', the I is too far away in style to the rest of the typeface's bold appearance to signify it's also a letter.

The current brand that they had for the construction promotion is completely different in style to this, and I have inconsistencies like that. The construction MMXVIII had a quasi-Roman, clean and modern appearance - this is everything but that. It feels incredibly dated in concept, and it's brand new - it just doesn't work.

The name - I get where they're coming from, but do they really believe that to justify this being the new 'iconic' coaster of the UK that they need to actually name it that? It feels incredibly lazy to me as a name and concept.

The Japanese influence - why? I am struggling to understand the relevancy of Blackpool's audience to a strong Japanese theme? This screams digital design agency to me, and not internal, which brings me on to my next thing. This will without doubt be half-arsed in it's approach and apart from the logo and perhaps music, this Japanese influence will be totally lost - so, why do it?

It feels so much like a copy and paste digital design agency proposal. Coming from a design agency that haven't worked a lot with theme parks and conducted vast market research as to what themes work with the relevant audiences at Pleasure Beach. Like they've literally said 'Oh, this theme isn't used a lot and it'd stand out/higher potential of receiving national press/free PR through it, let's go with it. I've dealt with agencies like this for a number of years and this absolutely screams of it.

So yeah, I'm hardly a fan of it and just think that a 'generic' modernised take on this would have worked much better.

davidm

Strata Poster
^ agreed ; logo is awful/confusing "|COn"? - that name is bland and nothingness.
But I don't care at all, lovely Mackpool will always be lovely, v. excited.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The name is crap, and the logo is weird.

Hopefully the coaster is actually good, otherwise it's going to be a ****-show.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Icon?!!?! What the actual ****...

Ok, I guess it isn't terrible...

I like the logo and the colour scheme though, they look nice...

78KMH?!!?! That's a ****ing downgrade! :mad:

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I don't want to be too negative as I know the ride will be excellent, if a little slow. But it's stupid things like that Japanese symbol which screams amateur.