What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

Temleh

Mega Poster
True, maybe the name will grow on people and eventually be as iconic as The Big One

At least it's certain that Blackpool is going to have another Icon. I wonder, will it become more popular than the Big One long term? As good as Construction 2018 is going to be, the GP love the sheer size of its red and blue neighbour.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't agree enough - we're gonna love this, but PMBO is so iconic, people will just be drawn to it.

Lofty

CF Legend
Playing devil's advocate though - black/grey/orange-yellow are commonly used "under construction" colours.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=u...h9PSAhUILcAKHd7dBMkQ_AUICCgB&biw=1920&bih=974

Could it be that the colours on the site are just to indicate "under construction"? Why would the ride rendering be so different? Could it be that the website (and coaster, for that matter) look crap with the green/orange scheme?
The rendering was just to differentiate the layout and make it stand out in the video as far as I'm aware. The rendering of the supports is the light grey on the website, the track is the dark grey and the train is the orange colour - there's actually a pre-vis rendering knocking about that came from the park, but was then revoked (or it never actually got released) and that shows this colour scheme being used.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Noting really new to see but here's a few pictures from around the site from yesterday.

b7bdf826905682aab21ce53eb742ace5.jpg

f72064a520c2d3dc8e1601815dfe2507.jpg

a0a373c41e2e1e790590e59ff6f993d8.jpg

d67c0052f6b6a236b0b76411c55c58de.jpg

elephant58

Hyper Poster
True, maybe the name will grow on people and eventually be as iconic as The Big One? Maybe?

The website is clearly grey and orange ;)
Hmmm fair enough...
At least it's certain that Blackpool is going to have another Icon. I wonder, will it become more popular than the Big One long term? As good as Construction 2018 is going to be, the GP love the sheer size of its red and blue neighbour.
Icon's a **** name, if that's what you're getting at.

EthC

Mega Poster
Bit of a slow news day but supposedly Amanda has said there will be a "tranquil spot".

She said: “Nick (Thompson) has been working with the engineers to ensure everything will be superb with every thrill possible. “I think you can thank Nick for the thrills of the ride but you can thank me for how it will all look. “Aesthetically I think everybody will be really pleased. “If I get my own way,which I very rarely do, but occasionally happens, “I will have a little garden of tranquility as you come off the ride so everybody can sit and take a little step back and watch the other people be scared. “In this tranquility garden everybody will have a nice feeling of calm as they come off after all that rush of adrenaline and excitement.”
Seems like a nice idea :p

Source: http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/n...-spills-of-new-16-25m-rollercoaster-1-8454867

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
She's clearly been playing a bit of RCT of late. Expecting several benches right outside the exit.

Could be Parkitect as well. After the last update, guest Nausea levels have become much more fickle. You almost have to have a bunch of benches immediately outside the exit of all your rides to prevent rivers of protein spill from forming.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
According to the BPB Facebook page, a huge announcement is going to take place on Tuesday at 9am (UK)...

^You posted about the same thing about the exact same thing as me! :D

Last edited: