What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: the names - Considering this project has lacked creativity and imagination from the get-go, it's not like they're gonna start now. Maybe they sound better to Spanish people....

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Re: the names - Considering this project has lacked creativity and imagination from the get-go, it's not like they're gonna start now. Maybe they sound better to Spanish people....

That's a good point, they might sound epic the other way round.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
To those with a basic knowledge of English these names sound as basic as they are.
Anyway, since tomorrow there is going to be a media preview, people have had access to the park map confirming many things.

C8qkHQwXsAMM5QR.jpg

*Note how the map advertises the possible rollbacks on Red Farce as a selling point even saying "Good luck" xD Love it! hahaha Anyway, onto the information:

Official names:
- Red Force (Intamin thing)
- Thrill towers (S&S complex)
- Ferrari Experience (building with 3 "attractions"): Ferrariland Gallery (exhibit?), Racing Legends (Omnimax theatre), Flying Dreams (Flying Theatre)
- Maranello Grand Race (Autopia knock-off)
- Junior Championship (Zamperla whip)
- Kids podium
- Pole Position Challenge* (racing simulators)
- Pit Stop Record* (game)
(*additional fee required)

In addition, Red Force, Maranello Grand Race and Ferrariland Gallery will feature on-ride picture. Red Force will also feature on-ride video (although I am positive it won't last too long xD)

And to top everything off, Express passes will be available for Red Force, Thrill towers, Maranello Grand Race, Racing Legends and Flying Dreams. Breathing inside the park will be complimentary with admission ticket. xD

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Is it bad if I'm just now realizing this is a magnetic and not hydraulic launch?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Little interest for the tallest coaster in Europe. I'd swear that was irony if I based the definition of the word on what Alanis Morrisette says.

Will we ever see one an Accelerator coasters that doesn't have breaks on the airtime hill? C'mon, we could deal with the forces!

One thing I noticed though, which proves how much attention I've given this, is no OTSR. Yeah, I guess that's old news, buts it's news to me. It's like rai-eee-ain on your wedding day, etc etc.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Little interest for the tallest coaster in Europe. I'd swear that was irony if I based the definition of the word on what Alanis Morrisette says.
Who would've thought, it figures.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Rofl that POV just makes it look even worse. Like, the launch actually appeals to me as I love gradual launches rather than instant acceleratin but the rest of the ride is just. It's 2017 you ****ing idiots show a bit of ambition.

peep

CF Legend
Who the hell also shoots a video at 50 fps?

I do, I assume Marcus has the same reason as me. British standard is 25 progressive /interlaced. Moving to 50 p rather than 60 makes for a natural move and helps cause less issues if we want to throw old material into something new.

I've just caught up with all the press day stuff on Twitter. I have zero interest in actually visiting this park. I still can't get over the fact it's a separate ticket to the main park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ That's right, the old British 25 fps standard. 60 fps has been a simple defacto for all things Youtube and gaming, hence my gripe.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pahahaha. That's fab.

I love how he's just like "**** it" for the drop.