What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

TilenB

Strata Poster
I'm not keen on the name. I think Force Red sounds better!
Force Red to do what?
Red-the-shawshank-redemption-30538037-500-325.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Dog ****. Also, it sounds like the wind should have an ASBO with it's challenging behaviour.

davidm

Strata Poster
"Red Force" ; "Coaster Force" - whats that all about?

Its been 17 years since anyone named a coaster after CF. Or maybe I have that wrong.

(Edit : I have, there was G Force wasn't there? Was thinking of CP's "force" - d'oh)

TilenB

Strata Poster

Its been 17 years since anyone named a coaster after CF. Or maybe I have that wrong.

(Edit : I have, there was G Force wasn't there? Was thinking of CP's "force" - d'oh)
GaleForce?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

Its been 17 years since anyone named a coaster after CF.

They must have read this thread and seen all the lovely nice things we've said about the ride... o_O

So it's inferior to it's American cousins in every :emoji_zipper_mouth: ing way.

Looks like a :emoji_zipper_mouth: auto complete on RCT3.

That's a horrendous assault on the eyes.

Why was this necessary? Why would they want to even raise the level of the track? And why this beginners RCT approach?

That looks vile, I mean what's the point? Seriously... I have to say Intamins new gen track is vile.

That actually made me laugh out loud xD wtf has someone done with that?! Amazing.

That's disgusting :lol:

Now it just looks like a Chinese knockoff.

Meh don't give a crap about this coaster :emoji_zipper_mouth: thing.

It just looks so bizarre and awkward. And not just the track; the supports for the track after the top hat feel so weird and unnecessary. Just why?

This looks like when you're halfway through building your cred on RCT 2 and you run out of cash so decide to just build the cheapest way back to the station to get it finished.

I had my concerns about this project from day one and with every construction update I cringe a little bit more, PortAventura, what on earth are you thinking with this?

Yeah no it's still hideous.

I feel like this is going to be such an eyesore for a park as beautiful as PA.
40 :emoji_zipper_mouth: euros for a wonky accelerator that does less than those built 10 years ago and a drop tower or two.

That support structure is just so :emoji_zipper_mouth: ugly.

That actually offends my eyes.

This might be Intamin's worst product yet, actually. Like, what were they even thinking? It's positively vulgar just to look at!

Eeewww. No. This is one of the worst investments in roller coaster history.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
"Challenge the wind"

But when the weather becomes windy, the ride will be closed. So, more appropriately, "Challenge the wind and lose".

Smithy

Strata Poster
Fuerza roja sounds a bit better in truth.

But yeah. everything about this entire park is woeful.

VTCGA5

Roller Poster
Mystic Timbers, Mine Blower, and now Red Force. 2017 must be the year of terrible coaster names or something :p

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Here's is a screenshot from what seems to be the coaster's control panel:

th720_6ca1dcac5806e7658b660b3e6d70c8ab.JPG

This pretty much confirms 3-train operations (ha!) for Red Farce with both load/unload position and transfer/brakes for the third train.

th720_02e23d56b777a497e7a03e3cd3343426.png

Aeril view of the "park".

And some shots from inside the park:

th720_2cef58d796f665a882d7eaf14e3f2737.JPG

th720_0f2740258b30136712e1519b78c7a3cb.JPG

th720_f5b423a06a99649cc1bf8f287e233552.JPG

Each picture makes it even clearer that this is going to be an operational nightmare. The park/area, whatever you can to call it is tiny. And what is even more worrying is the lack of shade. There are no trees or vegetation anywhere and I can already picture lots of angry guests in summer when temperature can get as high as 37-40º C.

Source: PA-Community.com

Last edited:

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I just noticed another thing I am peeved by- the fact that there is a mix of realistic Italian town theming, and Ultra Modern Ferrari theming right next to one another.

uuuuuggggghhhhhhh

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I like that they are doing a viewing stand a la Top Thrill Dragster.

I also hadn't realized there is a step-up in the track work before the brake run. Should make for a quirky transition.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Oh, I almost forgot... The park hasn't opened yet and neighbours are already complaining about the sound the Intamin makes and have wondered if the coaster will be running until 1am (closing time for FL during summer season) LOL Little do they know their real problem will be the S&S Combo towers. Those can be heard from afar and their noise is far more irritating. Does anybody know if the Ropers have moved to Salou? xD

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Some of the rides from the park, such as Red Farce, have been testing with people on this afternoon.

th720_01242cafa8562cec5361ccbb56b72a7f.JPG

th720_d896e83082a8100d44d5690410124a6c.JPG

If Red Force was not enough, the park has officially released the name for the S&S towers: Thrill Towers. Fitting name for such an exciting attraction. I bet FL executives have been struggling for months to name these towers...

Source: CAPTE.org by Trevor