What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

FABH

Roller Poster
Oh, my bad, sorry.
I thought it was from one of the members here.

Ries – you are absolutely right. It Is my footage... Gröna Lund is using a short clip from it and a bunch of my images as press material in conjunction with the official release of the name last week. But I was not really expecting lazy youtubers to just post it as is.

Swedens biggest daily newspaper – Aftonbladet – did a story on it. (In Swedish) https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/...enterar-sitt-nya-monster--mitt-under-pandemin

Ries

Mega Poster
Ries – you are absolutely right. It Is my footage... Gröna Lund is using a short clip from it and a bunch of my images as press material in conjunction with the official release of the name last week. But I was not really expecting lazy youtubers to just post it as is.

Swedens biggest daily newspaper – Aftonbladet – did a story on it. (In Swedish) https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/...enterar-sitt-nya-monster--mitt-under-pandemin

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This photo is just...insane

Monster-Gronalund-Construction-7.jpg

It's like something you'd build in RCT/Planet Coaster, where you build a piece of track as close to the ground as possible without having to alter the ground. Mental.

UP87

Mega Poster
This image is a bit deceiving. It'll be about the same as with other inverted coasters. If you put your arms up while on the train you get quite close to the track. But if you want to put this image into perspective you have to rember that you are not standing but sitting in the coaster. Nevertheless I love moments like this and it'll be really cool. Got to put Gröna Lund and a scandinavia tour higher on my to do list.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This image is a bit deceiving. It'll be about the same as with other inverted coasters. If you put your arms up while on the train you get quite close to the track. But if you want to put this image into perspective you have to rember that you are not standing but sitting in the coaster. Nevertheless I love moments like this and it'll be really cool. Got to put Gröna Lund and a scandinavia tour higher on my to do list.
I'm inclined to agree with you - a very crude overlay:
xJNop92.jpg

Still, a mighty impressive photo!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The photos I like the most are the ones where the lift hill goes through the roof. The imagination and determination at Grona Lund is unlike anywhere else. Sure, other parks might have “better” coasters, but stop for a minute and consider the engineering at Grona Lund. Everything has to be done off season, the space to expand is limited...it’s astonishing.

We’re expecting more photos in January. Hopefully something a bit more “underground” ;)

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Are you obsessed with the giant supports that hold up the track of Monster? Then this is the film for you.
If you want more updates from the construction of Monster – please consider subscribing. It helps a lot!

Are the middle of the supports completely hollow all the way up, or do the cross supports go from one side to another like in Ker-plunk?

In the video it showed the one as hollow, but then there it seems like the supports intersect in this image;7F708A07-1710-43D3-86CA-3AB8C6138E09.jpeg

I imagine it would be difficult to get the ladder up this section if it has poles all the way through.

FABH

Roller Poster
Are the middle of the supports completely hollow all the way up, or do the cross supports go from one side to another like in Ker-plunk?

In the video it showed the one as hollow, but then there it seems like the supports intersect in this image;View attachment 10682

I imagine it would be difficult to get the ladder up this section if it has poles all the way through.

The opening of that specific support was covered in plastic so I did not look into it – will take a peek on my next visit. But all the ones I have look into are hollow.

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
At Mechanical Engineering I learned that it is much stiffer to have the cross supports go through the main support. The forces are then divided over two walls, with just one it might fold/buckle. I'm pretty sure the supports are thus going through, the ladder is of course less important than the stiffness.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
At Mechanical Engineering I learned that it is much stiffer to have the cross supports go through the main support. The forces are then divided over two walls, with just one it might fold/buckle. I'm pretty sure the supports are thus going through, the ladder is of course less important than the stiffness.
I'd agree but from what the other supports have shown maybe not, there's usually more than 1 support going from the beefy support to the track so that would distribute the forces more evenly. Suppose we'll have to await confirmation.
I do wonder if theses massive hollow tube's will amplify the B&M roar, looks like the track is sand filled but no way the beefy supports are