What's new

Half Pipe At Särkänniemi To Be Removed.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
13-3-10925170.jpg

It seems the Intamin Half Pipe At Särkänniemi in Finland is on its way out. Having been at the park since 2003 it seems the ride has reached the end of its life at the park with the article below mentioning rising maintenance costs, declining ridership and the loudness of the ride combined with its proximity to residential areas being factors in the decision.

Not huge news for any enthusiast really but news none the less.

The article suggests the ride will be placed in storage while a buyer is sought.

View attachment 7127

It seems the Intamin Half Pipe At Särkänniemi in Finland is on its way out. Having been at the park since 2003 it seems the ride has reached the end of its life at the park with the article below mentioning rising maintenance costs, declining ridership and the loudness of the ride combined with its proximity to residential areas being factors in the decision.

Not huge news for any enthusiast really but news none the less.

The article suggests the ride will be placed in storage while a buyer is sought.

In terms of a replacement, it would be nice to see a new coaster but definitely gonna be interesting to see what happens

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've only ever done one of these (well, the surf rider model) and wasn't blown away by it, so only great loss will be the lack of a +1 next year during the trip. Hopefully they'll at least replace it with a cred.

I wonder if they'd go for something like a Family Boomerang - would probably fit the space and park line-up pretty well.

Jussunen

Roller Poster
In terms of a replacement, it would be nice to see a new coaster but definitely gonna be interesting to see what happens
One reason why they removed Half Pipe was that it located far away from the other rides which made it harder to hold events or something else when the park was closed. So they propably won't build any rides to that area plus one article said that the biggest investement for 2020 will be new elevators to Näsinneula lookout tower so no new rides next year.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Damn it. I actually really enjoyed riding this at the 2013 Live. It was just really fun and floaty, in a way that most other rides in this style aren't.

Given how few of these are around, I'm quite disappointed that this one is disappearing, especially as I'm hoping to get back to Finland soon.

Here's hoping that it gets replaced with something worthwhile, and that it ends up being bought and operated by a park that's worth visiting.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Eh, it's not much as a ride experience, although I'm sure it's more of a loss for locals of the park. I don't trust Särkänniemi to replace it with anything worthwhile, though, since it's Särkänniemi.

One reason why they removed Half Pipe was that it located far away from the other rides which made it harder to hold events or something else when the park was closed. So they propably won't build any rides to that area plus one article said that the biggest investement for 2020 will be new elevators to Näsinneula lookout tower so no new rides next year.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
Yh that is true. Maybe 2021/2022