What's new

SFGAdv | Jersey Devil Coaster | RMC Raptor | 2021

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Has there? I normally don't pay attention to fanboy fantasies lol
Yes. I've heard rumored raptors or T-Rex models for Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, Over Texas, Over Georgia, Silver Dollar City, Silverwood, and Cedar Point. @bob_3_ is right - everyone is baselessly guessing gigas or RMC for seemingly every park, yet more free spins and Mack Powersplashes are probably the most likely rides to be announced this year.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Yes. I've heard rumored raptors or T-Rex models for Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, Over Texas, Over Georgia, Silver Dollar City, Silverwood, and Cedar Point. @bob_3_ is right - everyone is baselessly guessing gigas or RMC for seemingly every park, yet more free spins and Mack Powersplashes are probably the most likely rides to be announced this year.

You don’t think there could be one RMC in there somewhere?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
You don’t think there could be one RMC in there somewhere?
There might be but I haven't seen any sort of evidence that points to anything definitive. Another thing to consider is that when it comes to RMC conversions, we're running out of 30 year old wooden coasters that are viable candidates for conversions combined with running out of parks where a major addition like that would make sense. In addition, there appears to be a disconnect between RMC wanting to push the base model raptor and parks wanting custom layouts. Meanwhile, we know of a few reasonably priced products with evidence that suggests that said products will be added to various Six Flags parks over the next few years. It would be great to see more RMCs obviously, but pickings are getting slim.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
See... and that was what I was talking about when I was saying Lance/Screamscape will sometimes have to clean up his original prediction. I have a feeling Six Flags did indeed purchase a single rail. The larger Raptor track that sits between the smaller Raptors and the T-Rex in size.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
**** me... guess the rumor is a single rail RMC now.

Only a rumor, but we'll see.
If it indeed happens, I'll consider it confirmation of the old adage that "even a broken clock is right twice a day". If RMCs are rumoured to come to every park out there, some of those rumours are bound to come true eventually.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Guess it'll be called Riddler then.

I'm trying to figure out where in the park that spot is located. Is it near the Bizarro area?

kenny cook

Mega Poster
Call me a skeptic, but I do not believe within a shadow of a doubt that SFGAd will be getting a coaster. The only information that we've seen at this point is that supposedly a park official said it'd be "tall, fast, steel", of which I've haven't seen a video. Not doubting it exists, but I don't know exactly what he said because I haven't seen the exact video where the quote is said. Remember folks, this is Six Flags, who marketed a superloop as the "world's tallest reversing loop coaster" and said a 35mph ride had "70mph flybys". Six Flags has a history of turning a molehill into a mountain, so "tall, fast, and steel" could refer to a tallest/fastest steel flat ride, superloop, or really any category they'd like. Also, there's clearly markers in Looney Tunes Seaport (I believe that's what it's called) so I'm not sold on them putting a mega-coaster throughout that area. My prediction at this point is a Bugs Bunny Boomtown/DC Superfriends refurbed kids land, as much as I'd like a new coaster