What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

oriolat2

Giga Poster
^That is a weird weather policy, not letting anyone ride in front during rainy weather. Aren't other riders going to be hit by the rain drops anyway?

I recall Taron operating no matter what in temperatures around or even below 0º C.

Lunatic

Roller Poster
^That is a weird weather policy, not letting anyone ride in front during rainy weather. Aren't other riders going to be hit by the rain drops anyway?

I recall Taron operating no matter what in temperatures around or even below 0º C.

Yeah, it surprised me as well. Of course the reason behind it could've been something else than weather related, but to me it looked liked it as they let people ride the front seat again when the rain stopped. I just thought it's because the accelerations in rain would've been uncomfortable for front seat riders but I'm not sure.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Yeah Taron was specifically designed to be able to run year round, with it's lowest temperature being -10*C.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Yeah Taron was specifically designed to be able to run year round, with it's lowest temperature being -10*C.
That 2nd launch waterfall hits the front left seat hard enough in summer, at Wintertraum I actually turn my face away at that point!!! Strange not letting anybody ride in the front though.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
okay so I’m planning to go to Linnanmäki on one of these 2 days, I doubt it will busy on Monday but will this weather close the rides? Including taiga.

Attachments

• 1B047B47-076E-4058-8D70-5BCEE9A67D38.png
    1B047B47-076E-4058-8D70-5BCEE9A67D38.png
    211.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 0807E175-53E4-451D-9A5F-E2BDAA8C2467.png
    0807E175-53E4-451D-9A5F-E2BDAA8C2467.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 29

Boodangy

Mega Poster
okay so I’m planning to go to Linnanmäki on one of these 2 days, I doubt it will busy on Monday but will this weather close the rides? Including taiga.
Linnanmäki keeps almost all if not all of their rides open pretty much whatever the weather. A couple years ago there was practically a blizzard a couple days post opening and everything was open so I don't believe it'd be much different with Taiga (Although I haven't been there this year yet, someone will have to confirm). Both days should be pretty reasonable crowds (assuming those are for August), as it's past July which is the height of the season (due to both school and work holidays). Only if there's a local heavy thunderstorm would they close rides for safety I think.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Linnanmäki keeps almost all if not all of their rides open pretty much whatever the weather. A couple years ago there was practically a blizzard a couple days post opening and everything was open so I don't believe it'd be much different with Taiga (Although I haven't been there this year yet, someone will have to confirm). Both days should be pretty reasonable crowds (assuming those are for August), as it's past July which is the height of the season (due to both school and work holidays). Only if there's a local heavy thunderstorm would they close rides for safety I think.
Ok, thanks a lot.

Jussunen

Roller Poster
I've noticed that in the summer Finnish weather forecasts are usually true only on degrees but the the weather keeps changing and is usually true only a few days before. Of course this is not always the case but I would recommend to decide the day closer to the trip if possible. If you don't care much about the rain I would recommend to go on a worse day especially if not thunderstorms.
Taiga is closed when thunderstorms but the thunderstorm goes usually away quickly and is quite rare.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A6003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Jussunen

Roller Poster
Can someone let me know if they’ closed taiga for some reason?
Sorry for double post but when I've visited Taiga has been closed only when thunderstormed and in Finland thunderstorm is quite rare like I said before. If it rains a lot they might don't let people to the front row like someone said here earlier. If you meant that if it's closed for maintenance or something like that, it's very rare in Finland.

Arttu

Roller Poster
Linnanmäki is in the top of the big hill. It's Helsinkis one of the most highest places. Taiga and other tall and vertically high rising rides are closed just before thunderstorm starts. Usually at this time of season the forecast seems to be right around the Linnanmäki but somehow those clouds and storms goes around and avoids park and rides. Of course never say never. Park base had really strong ground lightning while ago when it was closed and it messed up rides and other stuff around the park, even on the opposite side of the strike place.

Taiga has been running beautifully and the overall exprecience has been fasten up. Of course you want to use every second from the park wisely, so buy the fast pass ticket (Laitelippu) with wristband and enjoy your first ride in Taigas front seat when it's good weather! It's worth it.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Sorry for double post but when I've visited Taiga has been closed only when thunderstormed and in Finland thunderstorm is quite rare like I said before. If it rains a lot they might don't let people to the front row like someone said here earlier. If you meant that if it's closed for maintenance or something like that, it's very rare in Finland.

Thanks a lot, no I was talking about it being closed due to weather.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Linnanmäki is in the top of the big hill. It's Helsinkis one of the most highest places. Taiga and other tall and vertically high rising rides are closed just before thunderstorm starts. Usually at this time of season the forecast seems to be right around the Linnanmäki but somehow those clouds and storms goes around and avoids park and rides. Of course never say never. Park base had really strong ground lightning while ago when it was closed and it messed up rides and other stuff around the park, even on the opposite side of the strike place.

Taiga has been running beautifully and the overall exprecience has been fasten up. Of course you want to use every second from the park wisely, so buy the fast pass ticket (Laitelippu) with wristband and enjoy your first ride in Taigas front seat when it's good weather! It's worth it.
Yeah I’d like a front row, however I’m getting the unlimited ride ticket for the day, so I’m gonna get there really early so hopefully I won’t need fast pass for front row.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Got off taiga front row and back row today, Jesus Christ I had high expectations for it and it exceeded those expectations ???. I rode wildfire (my first rmc) a week ago and was expecting that to be my number one coaster (even after riding taiga) but I would take a front row on taiga over a back row on wildfire, taiga is my new favourite coaster (and wildfire second)

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
Got all 8 creds tho and went on both drop towers.
Their top spin was extremely painful on the legs, I went on Alton tower’s one a few years ago (closed now) and it was much more comfy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow they're stunning! Excellent work. I'd love to get some shots like that.