What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

oriolat2

Giga Poster
The community manager at King's Island must be having the time of his/her life seeing all enthusiasts go crazy trying to read between lines in these posters.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Kings Island is a good park. Nothing earth-shattering, but it’s good. We have the best of the inverts, a fairly decent hyper, one of GCI’s best coasters, and Beast at night. Plus a decent supporting lineup with rides like Express, Blue Racer, Bat, and FoF. The park is well taken care of, our themed areas look nice for the most part, and the events we put on (Winterfest, Grand Carnivale, etc.) are always nothing short of special. My biggest gripe about it is actually our entitled fanboys that have hissy fits because they didn’t RMC a defunct coaster, probably the same trash that’s crying that our giga is too small.

And honestly, I think that’s why they’re messing with us. I’ve met Don Helbig on a few occasions, he’s a nice guy that likes to have fun with his job and that’s what’s happening here. You stick a Son of Beast insignia on a crate as an Easter egg and everyone loses their minds, he knows that and he’s taking it and running with it. Honestly, I wouldn’t put it past KI to have those letters not spell out anything. It could just be there to troll their fans.

Matt N

CF Legend
I think that this giga will be a fantastic addition to Kings Island! If it rides like Leviathan or Fury 325 apparently do, then it should definitely be the common favourite at Kings Island! Not necessarily everyone's favourite, but a common favourite; a standout coaster for them, if you like. Currently, people seem quite divided with regards to Kings Island's coaster selection and what their favourite coaster there is. Some people really like KI's coaster selection (e.g. Banshee is the best invert, Mystic is the best GCI, Diamondback is a great hyper), whereas others have said it's among their least favourite theme parks and wouldn't return. I've even heard Vortex cited as the favourite steel coaster in the park by some people who've been recently, whereas that ride has a far from glowing reputation among others...

As for the height of the ride, I don't think it matters as long as the layout itself delivers. If there's one thing that some recent rides have proven, it's that you don't need huge statistics to deliver a huge thrill!

Catmaydo

Roller Poster
I think that this giga will be a fantastic addition to Kings Island! If it rides like Leviathan or Fury 325 apparently do, then it should definitely be the common favourite at Kings Island! Not necessarily everyone's favourite, but a common favourite; a standout coaster for them, if you like. Currently, people seem quite divided with regards to Kings Island's coaster selection and what their favourite coaster there is. Some people really like KI's coaster selection (e.g. Banshee is the best invert, Mystic is the best GCI, Diamondback is a great hyper), whereas others have said it's among their least favourite theme parks and wouldn't return. I've even heard Vortex cited as the favourite steel coaster in the park by some people who've been recently, whereas that ride has a far from glowing reputation among others...

As for the height of the ride, I don't think it matters as long as the layout itself delivers. If there's one thing that some recent rides have proven, it's that you don't need huge statistics to deliver a huge thrill!

I sincerely hope it feels like more of a complete experience than Leviathan. It's fun, the drop is spectacular, but it feels like it ends just as it gets interesting. Every time I rode it, I desperately wanted there to be just one more airtime hill to really cap it off.

Snoo

The Legend
I sincerely hope it feels like more of a complete experience than Leviathan. It's fun, the drop is spectacular, but it feels like it ends just as it gets interesting. Every time I rode it, I desperately wanted there to be just one more airtime hill to really cap it off.

This. Leviathan is ok but no Fury even by a long stretch. Fury delivers and keeps on going. Leviathan hits.. then just goes around for a bit? I had more fun on Behemoth tbh.

Kings Island is a good park. Nothing earth-shattering, but it’s good. We have the best of the inverts, a fairly decent hyper, one of GCI’s best coasters, and Beast at night. Plus a decent supporting lineup with rides like Express, Blue Racer, Bat, and FoF. The park is well taken care of, our themed areas look nice for the most part, and the events we put on (Winterfest, Grand Carnivale, etc.) are always nothing short of special. My biggest gripe about it is actually our entitled fanboys that have hissy fits because they didn’t RMC a defunct coaster, probably the same trash that’s crying that our giga is too small.

And honestly, I think that’s why they’re messing with us. I’ve met Don Helbig on a few occasions, he’s a nice guy that likes to have fun with his job and that’s what’s happening here. You stick a Son of Beast insignia on a crate as an Easter egg and everyone loses their minds, he knows that and he’s taking it and running with it. Honestly, I wouldn’t put it past KI to have those letters not spell out anything. It could just be there to troll their fans.

Good may be a stretch. The only rides worth riding are Banshee and Mystic. Diamondback is a shadow of its former self and Beast is ass except at night. Outside of that, you might as well not even go. A giga will help but the park still suffers from Paramount Syndrome.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
I'm a foreigner and, too, have never been to appealed to KI personally. I mean, it's not a bad park, but the lineup seems... just OK. Especially with the monster lineups of other similar parks around the area.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean, all three parks we're in dire need of a marquee attraction and the hyper coasters were the best possible thing they could get. Why not build on the momentum generated by those rides by building something even more impressive?

Matt N

CF Legend
Good may be a stretch. The only rides worth riding are Banshee and Mystic. Diamondback is a shadow of its former self and Beast is ass except at night. Outside of that, you might as well not even go. A giga will help but the park still suffers from Paramount Syndrome.
Out of interest, what is Paramount Syndrome? I always heard the parks were fantastic under Paramount!

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Out of interest, what is Paramount Syndrome? I always heard the parks were fantastic under Paramount!
Paramount nearly destroyed KI. The reason Festhaus's clock was down for so long was because of Paramount. The reason why we lost our original antique cars was because of Paramount. Paramount nearly killed us.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Ah, so Paramount destroyed a lot of the nostalgia. Thanks for the clarification @TLARides!
Well, that sounds a lot more devious than it actually was. Paramount wasn't actively destroying the park - no company in general tries to destroy itself. Paramount was just not good at park management. In a sense they were like a Six Flags Lite that didn't bankrupt themselves by building multiple expensive coasters every year. Instead, they stuffed their parks mostly with cheap rides and didn't really pay attention to much else.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, that sounds a lot more devious than it actually was. Paramount wasn't actively destroying the park - no company in general tries to destroy itself. Paramount was just not good at park management. In a sense they were like a Six Flags Lite that didn't bankrupt themselves by building multiple expensive coasters every year. Instead, they stuffed their parks mostly with cheap rides and didn't really pay attention to much else.
And to play "Paramount Syndrome" a little further, there are now millennials who grew up with the Paramount parks, nostalgic for all of the Paramount licensing that left when Cedar Fair bought the parks. So, in this way, they are critical of Cedar Fair for "ruining" ride themes (Italian Job, Face Off, Top Gun, etc.)... who equally forget all of the very good rides Cedar Fair has brought to the parks. So, they can't see the forest for the trees, and have difficulty understanding how well off the parks actually are (regardless of losing branding).

To the posters, I'm really enjoying the space program testing-y theme we have playing across these. Excited at the prospect of X-Base having a pretty well rounded theme!