What's new

Stealing Kenny's Curtain | KENNYWOOD and CEDAR POINT | 22nd-23rd Jun 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Alright...a bit late in getting the thread up but that's alright.

The first US Live of the year was a huge success and it has caused our excitement for the Kennywood and Cedar Point Live to grow tremendously! While Steel Curtain will be the draw, we'll also have plenty of time to take on Phantom's Revenge, Thunderbolt, and Sky Rocket before heading up to America's roller coast! It'll be a great time!

I know that the lovely and talented @Snoo has been in contact with the park recently and will surely try to score us some ERT. It'd help tremendously to have a rough headcount to disclose to the park, so please post if you're planning on coming and sign up via this link: (https://coasterforce.com/cf-live/) if you haven't done so already. If you're on the fence about attending, we encourage you to come join in on what will surely be an incredibly fun weekend!

Regarding Steel Curtain...we understand that the ride may not yet be open by the time the Live rolls around. We have found out that numerous people have already made plans to attend the Live on the selected dates, thus we have decided to preserve the planned dates of June 22nd and 23rd. We're hoping that the ride will continue to progress at the rapid pace we've seen over the past couple days and will be open for us to ride, but if we miss out, we will likely plan an unofficial meet up later in the summer. As previously mentioned, Snoo has been in contact with the park and will share any Steel Curtain news if and when he is able to do so.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have or share your excitement!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Still definitely gonna try and make this happen. I am starting a new job the beginning of June so I am hoping they are cool with it. Too many coasters between here (Massachusetts) and CP for me to grab and its been like 7 years since I last visited Kennywood and I NEEEEEED Steel Vengeance so now that the Chicago trip is over its time to start planning this one.

Snoo

The Legend
Still definitely gonna try and make this happen. I am starting a new job the beginning of June so I am hoping they are cool with it. Too many coasters between here (Massachusetts) and CP for me to grab and its been like 7 years since I last visited Kennywood and I NEEEEEED Steel Vengeance so now that the Chicago trip is over its time to start planning this one.

Ooooo a noob on Steel V? I'm excited now. :D

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
May be able to steal away for a brief hello Cedar Point morning. Have family in town this weekend unfortunately. :(

Snoo

The Legend
Curtain may not be open but if not, might be able to see what else can be done that morning. As this is a two day event, we may indeed be staying half way between Pittsburgh and Sandusky. Have yet to figure that out. We'll post the details when we get closer and if anyone wants to share in some costs, feel free to reach out.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Oh yeah, I booked my lodging the other day! w00t!

EDIT: forgot to mention this...a few of us are considering stopping by Idlewild Friday evening. Would anybody be interested in joining? Looks like an afternoon ticket will be $24 for a one of a kind wild mouse and baby Boulder Dash.

Last edited:

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Way too early to look at this, but the weather forecast is looking favorable for the time being. High around 80, partly cloudy, and 30% chance of storms. We'll see if/how that changes as we move closer to the event, and hopefully the forecast will stay on the sunny side.

Less than two weeks!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Weather has improved to mostly sunny on both days with highs around 80°F with a 10% chance of rain! Good news!

Sadly I have to bail! I was initially going to attend for the company, but I've been experiencing super bad lower back pain and I'm really not sure I can be at parks all day :'( I hope you guys have a great time, I am so sad to be missing out.

Snoo

The Legend
Sadly I have to bail! I was initially going to attend for the company, but I've been experiencing super bad lower back pain and I'm really not sure I can be at parks all day :'( I hope you guys have a great time, I am so sad to be missing out.

Shame! Going to miss bothering you for extended periods. Hope your back feels better!

Status
Not open for further replies.