What's new

Florida 2020/21; which coaster excites you most?

Which of Florida's 2020 coasters excites you most?

• Premier multi-launch at SeaWorld Orlando

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tron Lightcycles Power Run at Magic Kingdom

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. As many of you may know, 2020 is going to be a big year for roller coaster construction in the state of Florida. We have 3 huge rides being built; an RMC IBox coaster at Busch Gardens Tampa, an Intamin Blitz Coaster at Islands of Adventure and a Premier Rides launch coaster at SeaWorld Orlando. But my question to you is; which one are you most excited for?

As for my answer to this question, I'm going to go against the grain slightly and say that I'm most excited for the Intamin Blitz Coaster at IOA. Now don't get me wrong, all 3 of these coasters excite me greatly and it's tough to choose between RMC Gwazi and Universal's creation for the one that excites me most, but the reason I'm going for Universal's Intamin Blitz is because it looks to bear great resemblance to Taron at Phantasialand, which I'd argue rivals Steel Vengeance for levels of unanimous praise from most who ride it. The layout also sounds amazing from what we've heard, and while RMC Gwazi and SeaWorld's multi-launcher sound awesome too, neither of their reported layouts (from mock-ups and rumours etc.) excite me quite as much as Universal's coaster does.

But which one excites you most out of the 3 major coasters being built in Florida in 2020?
EDIT: Due to IOA multi-launcher apparently opening in 2021, I've changed the thread title and added the two WDW coasters for 2021 too.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
giphy.gif

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Even though I’m a huge Intamin fan but not as much of an RMC geek, I’d vouch for RMC Gwazi. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay was my childhood (as I grew up in Tampa Bay), and I can’t help but feel extremely excited for that park’s future every time something significant is announced. That Gwazi rumor has been around since I first started out in the coaster community way back in 2015, and to see it actually happen is a dream come true.

But don’t let you think that I am only excited for that; the Islands of Adventure Blitz coaster is going to be something spectacular as well, though, and the unique Premier Rides launch coaster coming to SeaWorld Orlando will be a very interesting addition due to its sheer unlikeness to any other Swing Launcher out there!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Even though I’m a huge Intamin fan but not as much of an RMC geek, I’d vouch for RMC Gwazi. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay was my childhood (as I grew up in Tampa Bay), and I can’t help but feel extremely excited for that park’s future every time something significant is announced. That Gwazi rumor has been around since I first started out in the coaster community way back in 2015, and to see it actually happen is a dream come true.

But don’t let you think that I am only excited for that; the Islands of Adventure Blitz coaster is going to be something spectacular as well, though, and the unique Premier Rides launch coaster coming to SeaWorld Orlando will be a very interesting addition due to its sheer unlikeness to any other Swing Launcher out there!
I mean, that's why Mack equipment has shown up at both IOA and SWO but ok, Intamin and Premier.

This isn't a conversation though. It's Euphrates all day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I mean, that's why Mack equipment has shown up at both IOA and SWO but ok, Intamin and Premier.

This isn't a conversation though. It's Euphrates all day.

Wait, MACK Rides is indeed manufacturing both of those coasters? @tomahawk, I’d be very interested in a link or picture of your proof for that.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh come on, obviously it's the RMC. It's the reason I've decided that 2020 is the year I revisit Florida. I mean, there's lots and lots of new stuff since I was last there - Manko, Mata, Chunt, Slinky, HRRRRR and Hagrid etc... but none of that was enough to make me commit to going again.
RMC Gwazi is.

Matt N

CF Legend
So it would seem my theory about my greater excitement for Jurassic Taron being against the grain is proving to be correct thus far! I'll be interested to see if anyone agrees with me or whether everyone goes for RMC Gwazi or SeaWorld's launcher.

Also, where did you hear about Mack for IOA and SWO's coasters @tomahawk? Not doubting you at all, it's just that most major insider sources seem to imply Intamin for IOA and Premier Rides for SWO. If Mack are building both of these as you imply, then I may have to refer to IOA's as Jurassic Helix instead, which would be just as awesome if you ask me!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I mean, I've been sent pictures of both having crates with Mack showing up at parks. The SWO one was like a week or two and was all over Facebook. The IOA one was much more hush hush, but they both are Mack from my sources.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ah right. Thanks for the clarification @tomahawk!

It would also seem that I have to change the title of this thread and add a few more coasters, as IOA's multi launcher reportedly won't be done until 2021.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
IOA Jurassic Park coaster for me. Because Dinosaurs and Taron.

Universal are lacking a world class coaster, and they will go balls out on the themeing. It's a more pleasant park than Busch Gardens, and if this thing rides anything like Taron I'd happily spend 3 or 4 days there.

Edit: wait, what it could be a Mack? RMC Gwazi all the way.

Last edited:

Climb

Mega Poster
The Jurassic coaster. I mean, given it's location and the area it's in IN addition to that layout, I really think it's gonna be pretty remarkable. RMC Gwazi is a close second however.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
So...many...local...credits <3 Also won't be surprised if either Fun Spots plop down something soon too, maybe an SBF Spinner....

But yeah, the correct answer is RMC Gwazi.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Oh come on, obviously it's the RMC. It's the reason I've decided that 2020 is the year I revisit Florida. I mean, there's lots and lots of new stuff since I was last there - Manko, Mata, Chunt, Slinky, HRRRRR and Hagrid etc... but none of that was enough to make me commit to going again.
RMC Gwazi is.
This, RMC Gwazi will be excellent, the other things look good to great but Gwazi is a big deal.

The bolded made me laugh, such an apt name for that cred.