What's new

Elitch Gardens Redevelopment

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It appears that the noose is tightening around this park's neck rather quickly now. Apparently the park's fate has been looking grim for quite some time now due to increased interest in downtown redevelopment. The Denver City Council recently approved preliminary plans for the project, which would utilize the land on which the park currently sits. There's more information in this article:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/12/...TW1AZ3lQxaHMciqF5EUvCTsweZH1-xrVK5fouhIhSf7Oo

I've heard the place is pretty underwhelming but it's still a bit sad to see the park go. I've driven past it a number of times on the way to the ski resorts in the Rockies. One of those trips happened to be about ten days before the park opened for the year, and I was never able to go back in the summer. This park would likely be a ****ty reason to fly out to Denver, but it's quite a lovely town. I'm sure they also have a boat load of hella good breweries so it just might be worth splurging on a weekend out there.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
*rereads article in OP*

Glad Lance continues to fall behind on news updates. Literally got the news from a coaster ****posting Facebook group quicker than Screamscape.

I haven't seen anything concrete regarding this, but some people think that investors are interested in relocating the park once again. I guess we'll see what happens.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
*rereads article in OP*

Glad Lance continues to fall behind on news updates. Literally got the news from a coaster :emoji_poop:posting Facebook group quicker than Screamscape.

I haven't seen anything concrete regarding this, but some people think that investors are interested in relocating the park once again. I guess we'll see what happens.
This is precisely why I haven't been to that site in at least a year. There doesn't seem to be the network of people sending updates to him anymore - unsurprising since information sent goes uncredited, without so much as a reply e-mail to say thanks. It's now just copied from other places that share it first, meaning it's always late.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
This is precisely why I haven't been to that site in at least a year. There doesn't seem to be the network of people sending updates to him anymore - unsurprising since information sent goes uncredited, without so much as a reply e-mail to say thanks. It's now just copied from other places that share it first, meaning it's always late.

You first mentioned this a few months back and it's been increasingly evident since. C'est la vie.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm not surprised at all with these developments - Elitch Gardens fell pray to the same underinvestment as other second tier Six Flags parks during the 2000s (AstroWorld, Worlds of Adventure, Kentucky Kingdom, Belgium). All of these parks have faced a great challenge of true reinvestment and development (which subsequently results in some park closures), after not being given serious support for a decade.