What's new

Lofty

CF Legend
How is this? I kinda like Helix's heartline-roll!
It feels like a truly awkward inversion. After such a great experience, you get a (what feels like) thrown in inversion to end the ride and it just doesn't fit the rest of the layout in terms of pacing etc.

James F

Hyper Poster
It feels like a truly awkward inversion. After such a great experience, you get a (what feels like) thrown in inversion to end the ride and it just doesn't fit the rest of the layout in terms of pacing etc.
I disagree, I like how you get that bonus bit of hangtime at the end of Helix.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I disagree, I like how you get that bonus bit of hangtime at the end of Helix.
Having some hang isn't the issue, all of the Mack Heartlines have a certain degree of hang, which is fine. Helix's hangs all the way through and doesn't speed up and is jerks you through, it shuffles you around the seat due to the lack of speed through the track.
Blue Fire's does it properly, Helix's just isn't the same.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
This thing is flying up! Are we reckoning a March opening for this, like it was with Fury?
I'd say yes. Icon wasn't completed until mid February and it opened late May, so the timeline sounds about right! I'd guess an opening day between March 20th and April 1st if everything goes according to plan.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Cedar Falr usually gets their attractions open on their parks’ opening days. Carowinds’ 2019 opening day will likely be March 30th (last weekend in March), with a pass preview night on the 29th, and a media day sometime between that Monday and Thursday.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
This is gonna be great, and a perfect addition to Carowinds current coaster line up. Sweet Mack floater airtime from start to finish.

Can we swap it with Icon?