What's new

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Mack launch coasters are not intense, anyone expecting great intensity will be dissapointed. I think that's why Icon got mixed reviews from some who were expecting it to be intense. They are fun, smooth, comfortable & floaty.
I think their intensity is very overlooked. The only Mack launches I've been on are Helix and Time Traveler, but both have some very intense moments. Helix has a few crazy ejector airtime moments, the transition into the helix has awesome ejector and laterals, and a few of the banked turns have some really good positive Gs as well. Time Traveler's drop out of the station is madness and the twisty hill offers some great airtime and laterals. The first launch also has a bit of punch to it.
While Mack launches themselves aren't too powerful, they still make rides with good intensity, and in my opinion have the perfect balance of forcefulness and rerideability.

Pear

Strata Poster
The quality of Mack launches rests a lot on how fast they are launched and run. Helix is great since it's paced well, but Star Trek is complete **** because it runs so slow.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I think their intensity is very overlooked. The only Mack launches I've been on are Helix and Time Traveler, but both have some very intense moments. Helix has a few crazy ejector airtime moments, the transition into the helix has awesome ejector and laterals, and a few of the banked turns have some really good positive Gs as well. Time Traveler's drop out of the station is madness and the twisty hill offers some great airtime and laterals. The first launch also has a bit of punch to it.
While Mack launches themselves aren't too powerful, they still make rides with good intensity, and in my opinion have the perfect balance of forcefulness and rerideability.
I agree with this, and would like to add the wonderfully forceful Blue Fire Heartline (yeah, I know, total BFH fanboy).
However, Mack's deadspots or weaker elements are based on the speed, which is due to the lackluster launches. As much as the current launch speeds setup the excellent elements perfectly, the weaker elements suffer so much that I wish certain parts of the rides had been designed differently. Helix is amazing, but it's flawed by it's ending.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd personally agree with the sentiments about Mack launchers being intense in portions after riding Icon in August; I was always under the impression that Mack LSM coasters weren't very intense, but Icon's second half certainly has more forces and airtime than you'd expect, in my opinion!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
You just have to look at the ejector air on the airtime hill after the first loop to see that this ride will at least pack some punch.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
I agree with this, and would like to add the wonderfully forceful Blue Fire Heartline (yeah, I know, total BFH fanboy).
However, Mack's deadspots or weaker elements are based on the speed, which is due to the lackluster launches. As much as the current launch speeds setup the excellent elements perfectly, the weaker elements suffer so much that I wish certain parts of the rides had been designed differently. Helix is amazing, but it's flawed by it's ending.
I wasn't a fan of Helix' s turns but the heartline wasn't bad (maybe it is in comparison to BF's). Despite the s turns, I think Helix' pacing is pretty spot on overall, getting better the whole ride, in culmination with the hill after the hop hat and following banked turn.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
image0.png

image0.jpg

UGHHH

Last edited:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
They arn’t. Watch the offride animation and you can see. The first loop is actually a bit wonky, the exit to it is smaller than the entrance.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Much more excited for that airtime hill than I am the Jojo roll. Helix's heartline roll is by far one of the worst elements of the ride, and I just can't help but feel that this will have the exact same effect as that.
How is this? I kinda like Helix's heartline-roll!