What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I’ll take it! Wasn’t expecting a second coaster within day trip distance next year so this’ll be one to hit for sure! These little Gravity Group coasters are always great little rides, if it’s anything like Switchback, Wooden Warrior, or RFII it’ll be a ton of fun.

Only concern of mine is how bold it is building a wooden coaster like that that close to Holiday World. It fills a great niche in the lineup but I think the draw will be more the park having a stepping stone between Roller Skater and Thunder Run than having a new unique attraction.

Anyone know where it goes in the park?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Completely over the moon with this! Y'all have seen me gush over these little GG coasters quite a bit so I think I can save that bit for this post. Kentucky Flyer will be taller and longer than Roar-o-saurus, Wooden Warrior, and Oscar's Wacky Taxi so that is promising. If it runs anything like Roar-o-saurus though...holy ****. Kentucky Kingdom very well could become the airtime capital of the country with this, Storm Chaser, AND Lightning Run. Now if we can only get them to do something about Thunder Run and T3...

Also, Ed Hard probably read everybody's bitching about Storm Chaser's NL rendering and said **** it, Planet Coaster it is!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
What a wonderful little surprise. Didn't see this coming and I think it's a great additional to what, at it's core, is a family park. Also Amazing job by Kentucky Kingdom's marketing and social media teams. Just great stuff all around. I look forward to riding this at somepoint.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Oooooh was not expecting this at all! These are good rides and I love how more parks are investing in these. I like the color scheme too.

And yeah, another airtime-focused coaster is just about the last ride I expected KK to go for after Lightning Run and Storm Chaser. Not that I'm complaining.

Pear

Strata Poster
Here's a NL2 recreation that should show the layout a little better.

and here's the location in the park!

pc4k3fh2shp11.jpg

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well... It's is substantial... It's likely exceeded everyone's expectations... Colour me impressed! I think Wood Express still looks like the king of family GG woodies, but I think this looks better than Twister, Timber and OWT for sure! And I really like the Twister colour scheme that is going on. <3

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Yes! A ride layout that I can sort of accurately recreate in Planet Coaster!

In all seriousness, this looks like a wonderful addition to Kentucky Kingdom! And my gosh, 12 airtime moments sounds sublime! This could be one of the best family coasters ever made!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In case anyone can't be bothered to watch the video, here are the stats:-
  • Manufacturer - Gravity Group/Gravitykraft Corporation
  • Layout - Out and Back
  • Length - 1,280ft
  • Drop - 45ft
  • Speed - 35mph
  • Maximum Drop Angle - 52°
  • Maximum Bank Angle - 54°
  • Airtime Moments - 12
  • Height Restriction - 40"
  • Rolling Stock - 2 x 12 passenger Timberliner trains

This coaster is most similar to Wooden Warrior in stats over all, and has a track length longer than WW, OWT, Switchback and Roar-O-Saurus. With having the same colour scheme as Twister, I wonder if this will have a steel support structure like a lot of these small woodies have.

Last edited:

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Yes! A ride layout that I can sort of accurately recreate in Planet Coaster!

In all seriousness, this looks like a wonderful addition to Kentucky Kingdom! And my gosh, 12 airtime moments sounds sublime! This could be one of the best family coasters ever made!
I wouldn't be surprised if they put the concept art in the Planet Coaster Blueprint Workshop. :p Otherwise, this is certainly unexpected and a lot more substantial than I expected, definitely a solid investment for them.

Snoo

The Legend
Given how much I love Wooden Warrior and how well Roar and Wacky have been reviewed, I have a feeling this will be just as great. Not a world beater but something you'll want to re-ride out of pure joy.

That location though from Pear.. is in the literal BACK of the park. That is quite the journey. I mean, more re-rides but still.