What's new

Kings Island removes Firehawk

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I believe it will be Vortex closing down. It is a real rough ride and Arrow is out of business so getting replacement parts would be a nightmare. ‘The air is eerily calm’ written on the RIP headstone hints further to the Vortex link. Also ‘one of our own’ also on the headstone doesn’t fit in with Firehawk as it was originally located at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, so could technically not be one of their own.
I never considered the "One of our own" thing, clever.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Peet

Giga Poster
‘The air is eerily calm’ written on the RIP headstone hints further to the Vortex link.
This is an excellent point, I believe you may be right.

Also ‘one of our own’ also on the headstone doesn’t fit in with Firehawk as it was originally located at Six Flags Worlds of Adventure, so could technically not be one of their own.
This is an massive stretch of the imagination!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Beast is being removed for Full Throttle.

THAT'S RIGHT WE HAVE AN INTERCHAIN TRADE.

Beast of course will be turned into the worlds largest trojan horse and release a virus on every goons computer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
The tombstone name and the fact that the air is "eerily quiet" really has me thinking vortex. 14 hours until we find out!

TLARides

Hyper Poster
If they were to remove Invertigo, what would they put in it's place?

Stevie

Roller Poster
I hope they take a wrecking ball to Firehawk, Invertigo and Vortex
:emoji_information_desk_person:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I hope they take a wrecking ball to Firehawk, Invertigo and Vortex
:emoji_information_desk_person:
I think that no matter which one of those turns out to be demolished this time, the two others will be taken down before long too. Give it, say, five to ten years, and I think all of them will be gone.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Finding out at 10, my guess still stays firm as Firehawk. It’s a pain in the butt for maintenance, parts allegedly not being made for it anymore (and potential for Nighthawk to get the leftovers), another one of its type sitting SBNO for months, the 11 chairs, the wreath colors, knocking it down opening up that dead end to all that land behind it for something bigger, it all seems to fit.

Vortex I’d rule out because it’s reliable, Invertigo I would because it’s popular and just got the leftovers from Stinger if I’ve heard right. I could see a surprise and have it be Vortex (I’d rather Firehawk stay but talking replacement, I’d probably like what would replace Firehawk more than what they can fit into Vortex’s plot), but I’m sure it’s not Invertigo.

Or it could be them announcing Banshee’s relocation to Valleyfair to make way for RMC to rebuild Son of Beast. ;) #FirehawkitorChoppingBlockit

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Finding out at 10, my guess still stays firm as Firehawk. It’s a pain in the butt for maintenance, parts allegedly not being made for it anymore (and potential for Nighthawk to get the leftovers), another one of its type sitting SBNO for months, the 11 chairs, the wreath colors, knocking it down opening up that dead end to all that land behind it for something bigger, it all seems to fit.

Vortex I’d rule out because it’s reliable, Invertigo I would because it’s popular and just got the leftovers from Stinger if I’ve heard right. I could see a surprise and have it be Vortex (I’d rather Firehawk stay but talking replacement, I’d probably like what would replace Firehawk more than what they can fit into Vortex’s plot), but I’m sure it’s not Invertigo.

Or it could be them announcing Banshee’s relocation to Valleyfair to make way for RMC to rebuild Son of Beast. ;) #FirehawkitorChoppingBlockit
Keep in mind that Vortex is also in a sinkhole.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

So 3pm UK?

TLARides

Hyper Poster

Its Firehawk....

Once again, the caption didnt post:
R.I.P. Firehawk. Final rides will begin this weekend, with its last days of operation occurring during the final weekend of Halloween Haunt and The Great Pumpkin Fest, October 26-28. #FirehawkFinalFlights#KIFirehawk
In a way I'n glad it's not Vortex, but the Firehawk's only been operational for 11 years since it came to KI...

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
It was weird and uncomfortable so no great loss imo. A bit of a rare find but as long as they build something cool in the next couple of years it should be a net gain.

It was definitely one of those "get on and hope to survive" kind of creds lol.