What's new

Kings Island removes Firehawk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Looks like my home park’s getting the wrecking ball ready! On October 28th we’ll see what’s about to kick the bucket, and it sounds like a ride. Facebook comments state it’s in the ride graveyard.

My guess is a long shot, but I’m going to go with Firehawk. Labour Day weekend I spoke to an enthusiast I have a fair amount of respect for who said it’s on the chopping block as they’ve stopped ordering parts for it. Also heard from another fairly reliable connection that Vekoma doesn’t even make parts for it anymore and they’ve been getting them fabricated somewhere else. I hear it’s been a maintenance nightmare and I’ve noticed it down a bit more than usual this season. Maybe this is phase one of that B&M mentioned in those documents?

(Not really related to the antique cars so I didn’t put it in that thread but if a mod wants to merge feel free to!)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Really hoping it's firehawk because most other things at KI are fab. Better not be the Bat or Vortex, even though it's rough af.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I heard Vortex was getting harder to maintain from ride ops who come through my line, seeing as how Arrow's gone, I'd say Vortex.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah I'm hoping Vortex. I went yesterday and rode most of the coasters.. short of the obvious, Vortex is by far the worst ride in the park. It's old, not really popular, and taking up a BIG plot of land that could be used for something major. RMC GIGA RAPTOR HYPE TRAIN!

But it won't be anything major. Sadly. Screw you Vortex.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Yeah I'm hoping Vortex. I went yesterday and rode most of the coasters.. short of the obvious, Vortex is by far the worst ride in the park. It's old, not really popular, and taking up a BIG plot of land that could be used for something major. RMC GIGA RAPTOR HYPE TRAIN!

But it won't be anything major. Sadly. Screw you Vortex.
I'm heading into work today (I work food at KI in the Employee Café), maybe I'll ask someone who works Vortex regularly on how the ride is doing, popularity-wise and maintenance-wise.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm heading into work today (I work food at KI in the Employee Café), maybe I'll ask someone who works Vortex regularly on how the ride is doing, popularity-wise and maintenance-wise.
Be careful what you post online. Parks can read this as much as anyone else, and can easily take action if they feel too much info is getting out.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

Just a heads up, I’m here today too. You get a break or want to go catch a ride after you’re off, don’t hesitate to hit me up! Didn’t know you worked there!

Back on topic, I still think Firehawk’s the obvious choice. If the flower colors on the wreath aren’t a dead giveaway, they’re throwing us a huge curveball.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Just a heads up, I’m here today too. You get a break or want to go catch a ride after you’re off, don’t hesitate to hit me up! Didn’t know you worked there!

Back on topic, I still think Firehawk’s the obvious choice. If the flower colors on the wreath aren’t a dead giveaway, they’re throwing us a huge curveball.
I'd love to, but they've got me in here until 2.

Again, back on topic...

Firehawk is one of the park's more popular rides from my understanding. To remove the ride would upset a lot of fans of the park, plus Vekoma's still in business, so it's not super expensive to maintain it.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I’m actually hoping it’s Firehawk since it bodes well for my homepark (Carowinds). I legitimately enjoy Nighthawk, but the capacity is trash so I won’t shed a tear if they remove it. Bring on the Mack Big Dipper in its place!

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'd be fine with removing either Firehawk or Vortex. Honestly, I'd rather have them work on the Firehawk/FoF area. That area is sort of in its own sad little corner so I think replacing Firehawk with something new could spice it up a bit.

Of course, Vortex is **** and could free up a valuable plot of land, but at least the surrounding area looks nice.