What's new

Hansa Park | Highlander | Funtime Gyro Drop Tower

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I'm loving the artwork for the new Scottish area enveloping Nessie and highlander in a new area called 'Britannien'. Images taken from
https://www.abenteuer-freizeitpark.de

And the thing with Hansa is you know its going to end up looking just as good as the concept art!

Hansa-Park-2019-37.jpg

Hansa-Park-2019-36.jpg

Ethan

Strata Poster
That's true. Although I suppose because the new Nessie station is just a refurb, I'd imagine it would be done all in one go.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Just catching up with this news! As if I needed another reason to return to Hansa! I love a huge drop tower! Since it's Hansa hopefully it'll be well themed!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Hansa Park have confirmed their Huss Ranger (inverting swing ship) 'Fliegende Hai' will be removed at the end of this season due to the lack of available spare parts, and so the power supply can be used for Highlander instead.
40547598_2202218516487107_3959272463166078976_n.jpg

Picture source: HAPA Forum Facebook

Matt N

CF Legend
Does Hansa have the same power problems as Alton, then? Where if they open all the rides at once, they cause a power blackout in the local area?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
9534439d1536667893-2019-neuheit-highlander-gyro-drop-tower-103-m-fallhoehe-funtime-hansa-park-86edc533b9c0dfbdfedd2748cfb87be3764669bfd3843662142ace561208f551.jpg

Hansa have started marketing with this new concept image showing Highlander towering over the park and its other attractions, and a possible look at the tower's theming.
Note the number of seats and restraint style depicted are not accurate.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Hansa Park held a short press conference at EAS recently -
He talks about how over the past 10 years the park has been transformed with its new theming, entrance, coasters and other various attractions.
Highlander is the start of Chapter 2 in Hansa Park's transformation plan for the next 10 years. Along with the retheming of Nessie and the surrounding area.
Highlander will feature on board audio (for its IMAscore soundtrack). It will not feature a preshow as the park didn't deem it necessary for this kind of attraction and thought it would affect how re-rideable it is.
In response to a question about why they did not go for a tower with a 90 degree tilt, the park said they technically already have a 90 degree drop and a beyond 90 drop with Karnan and Novgorod so it was for some variety.

peep

CF Legend
Very excited to see what "Chapter 2" will include as the additions over the past 10 years have been amazing. Hopefully they have another ridiculous Gerst coaster in the next 10 years.

On board audio on a drop tower can really add to the anticipation, I think Detonator at Thorpe uses audio well, will be interesting to hear what IMAscore come up with.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
If I'm not mistaken, it's 6 meters. Considering that they are right up against the water (which means beachy and loamy ground) and the risk of high winds, I'm convinced the engineers did everything in their power to make this as tall as possible.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
If I'm not mistaken, it's 6 meters. Considering that they are right up against the water (which means beachy and loamy ground) and the risk of high winds, I'm convinced the engineers did everything in their power to make this as tall as possible.
It's likely yes, at least it breaks a record though.