What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

peep

CF Legend
I think from what we've heard from the rumours this looks pretty close to what they're building. I was never expecting the most exciting coaster but it does look a tiny bit underwhelming in the thrill department. Think it'll be a fine family coaster though.

Sort of more intrigued by the growing rumours of a new coaster in the Jurassic Park section though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Are we really casting judgements after one mediocre Planet Coaster recreation? The shaping and everything looks to be off what normal Intamin style, who's to say the pacing isn't off too?
Some of us aren't because we know this is just a fan-made passing-time Planet Coaster ride... :emoji_no_mouth:

peep

CF Legend
New pictures of the coaster have appeared...

P1150390-690x460.jpg

P1150401-1024x768.jpg

P1150407-1024x768.jpg

Source: http://orlandoparkstop.com/news/con...on-update-at-islands-of-adventure-more-track/

Lots more pics in that link.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Double post, but Midway Mayhem has posted a construction update video of this ride, and also what seems to be another coaster that will be built on the Jurassic Park Discovery Centre site:-
Important stuff for this ride starts at 8:45.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for straying off-topic a little, but my question is; how the hell does one deduce that a roller coaster is probably coming from a pin and some stuff written on the ground? Admittedly, they do look like demolition markers, but I wouldn't possibly know, I know very little about the inner workings of the construction of a roller coaster.

But if somebody writes GIGA in the mud outside the Discovery Centre, then it's a nailed on certainty! ;)

gabe

Roller Poster
Sorry for straying off-topic a little, but my question is; how the hell does one deduce that a roller coaster is probably coming from a pin and some stuff written on the ground? Admittedly, they do look like demolition markers, but I wouldn't possibly know, I know very little about the inner workings of the construction of a roller coaster.

But if somebody writes GIGA in the mud outside the Discovery Centre, then it's a nailed on certainty! ;)
Not sure how much you can tell just from markers, but there have been rumors of a new coaster in Jurassic Park for a decent amount of time now. I’ve been hearing that it’ll likely be another Intamin.

Matt N

CF Legend
Not sure how much you can tell just from markers, but there have been rumors of a new coaster in Jurassic Park for a decent amount of time now. I’ve been hearing that it’ll likely be another Intamin.
Ah right. Thanks @gabe! Wonder what sort of Intamin? Maybe a Skyrush-style hyper? Although I could also see a Flying Dinosaur-style B&M flyer.

peep

CF Legend
I’ve been hearing that it’ll likely be another Intamin.

I've been keeping up to date with the latest rumours on this over on Inside Universal forums and hadn't heard anything about this being Intamin, looks like talk has all changed since I looked yesterday. Intrigued as to what it'll be, especially as no one seems to know anything other than it's happening and roughly where it'll go. Maybe it's time to start it's own topic rather than detract from the Potter cred.

spicy

Giga Poster
A Flying Dinosaur B&M flyer over the area would have made complete sense if it wasn't for Manta up the road. What I really want is an Italian Job: Stunt Track coaster in JP jeeps driving away from animatronic Dinosaurs though :)

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve been hearing blitz get thrown around quite a bit but it’s too early to tell right now.
Oh! Interesting. I thought Dragon Challenge's replacement was an Intamin LSM Launch Coaster (albeit a more family oriented, Juvelen-esque one), and they already have Hulk as a thrilling launch coaster. Not sure if that would be the best fit for Universal, in my eyes. Even though it would surely be one of the area's best coasters.

gabe

Roller Poster
Oh! Interesting. I thought Dragon Challenge's replacement was an Intamin LSM Launch Coaster (albeit a more family oriented, Juvelen-esque one), and they already have Hulk as a thrilling launch coaster. Not sure if that would be the best fit for Universal, in my eyes. Even though it would surely be one of the area's best coasters.
I thought the same thing at first, but it makes more sense the more I think about it. 2019 is a family oriented and heavily themed experience, then 2020 is a high thrill coaster targeted more toward thrill seekers.