What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, tell that to the entirety of Ghosterforce that went a couple of years ago - I don't think any of us had a good word to say about it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I doubt they'll remove it as long as it operates just fine and draws guests to the park. It's only 14 years old, after all. Could be only halfway through its operational life cycle.

Lofty

CF Legend
Does Booster Bike REALLY draw in crowds, though? Troy, I can understand, but Booster Bike... no.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Does Booster Bike REALLY draw in crowds, though? Troy, I can understand, but Booster Bike... no.
I mean, the best indicator here is that it only has one train even though they could have easily run 2 if they wanted. Now it's probably a little to costly to modify the ride appropiately.

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
Can't understand the BB shaming, guys. Yes, it is by now the ugly duckling of the park and has bad capacity.
But it is still an enjoyable and solid ride. The launch is decent and fun, yet unfair to be compare to modern ones.
Allthough I am not a fan of the riding position (espacially being a male...) the experience is nice.
It is quite smooth.
No real bumps or rattles.
It has decent airtime.
The Layout is nothing special, but I really like it for its "feeling of freedom". Forget about beeing on a bike and just spread your arms like wings from the launch on. Maybe even close your eyes or enjoy the view and the wind in your face - great!
Doesn't always have to be the tightest ass-kicking, nut-shaking, high-tech, thrill-machine.
And being an enthusiast I like it for its rarity.

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
@Ethan There are so much more tones between Black and White in this world. Believe me or not - personally I am able to like or even love a ride, even if it is not the best and newest one. There are things I don't like (that much) with BB, but it is not a reason to blame the whole experience, especially when for me the fun still outweighs them.
You state Phantasialand as your favourite Park. There is another great example: the temple. We all now about the state and it makes me sad. BUT I still love to ride it. It is still a good ride with good characteristics, especially considering its age. And I know it from its Space Center ages.

@Ben If you are referring to me then I would ask you to show a little bit more respect in chosing your words. There is no need and value in getting personal and insulting. Considering rides and its perception there never will be the one and only "truth". Everyone is different and thus his/her perception and preferences.
It is legitimate to think different, but pointing fingers and beeing unpolite is not.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Can we stop all this nonsensical arguing, please? Everyone has their opinions on Booster Bike, is it that hard to respect them?

Back on topic, Fenix looks absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see it finished!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
That last photo alone is incredible. The palm trees, theming, and a beemer in the background.

Feels very similar to Port of Entry at IoA but I'm 100% ok with that.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Last photo shows very well how the curve at the top of the lifthill actually is not bad, because they paid a lot of attention to the perspectives this coaster is supposed to be seen from. Probably the most clever wing-layout to date, considering this one is designed for the predetermined landscaping and not vice versa (most wing coasters are kind of spagettio if you ask me).

Just how they made the Zero-G-Roll taller than the airtime hill even though it comes later, because it's in the background, and they want both "phoenix flies over water"-maneuvers to be as visible as possible. That alone is so much greatness.

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
Just how they made the Zero-G-Roll taller than the airtime hill even though it comes later, because it's in the background, and they want both "phoenix flies over water"-maneuvers to be as visible as possible. That alone is so much greatness.

I mean... I'm pretty sure it's taller because the airtime hill provides airtime however the zero-g has to hold 0g and be somewhat parabolic. And because it hasn't lost a great deal of speed, that height is needed.

But yeah, looks nice too I guess.

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Booster Bike is terrible for three simple reasons:

1) It's not Tron.
2) It's terrible.
3) IT'S. NOT. TRON.

If Vekoma didnt develop boosterbike there would be no Tron. And because there is now a better version that does instantly
Booster Bike is terrible for three simple reasons:

1) It's not Tron.
2) It's terrible.
3) IT'S. NOT. TRON.

1) If Vekoma didnt develop the boosterbike there would be no Tron.
2) Because there is now a better version of it, that instanly means that this coaster is bad?
3) Its very hard to replace that coaster cause of small place.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If Vekoma didnt develop boosterbike there would be no Tron. And because there is now a better version that does instantly
1) If Vekoma didnt develop the boosterbike there would be no Tron.
2) Because there is now a better version of it, that instanly means that this coaster is bad?
3) Its very hard to replace that coaster cause of small place.
Just because it was first doesn't mean it's any good...

I mean... I'm pretty sure it's taller because the airtime hill provides airtime however the zero-g has to hold 0g and be somewhat parabolic. And because it hasn't lost a great deal of speed, that height is needed.
I would also add that there might be a slight perspective trick going on here too. In the footage I've seen the zero-g is in the foreground, meaning it will probably look a little taller than the airtime hill. Also, the trajectories are based on the train's center of mass, so the track for a zero-g is likely to be a bit higher than that of a straight airtime hill, all other things being equal.