What's new

Lakeside Amusement Park | unknown | Zyklon Galaxi

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lakeside Amusement Park, a hidden gem in Denver, CO, is receiving a new roller coaster for the first time in nearly 30 years. The yet-to-be-named coaster is a relocated Zyklon Galaxi, which operated last season at Fun Plex in Omaha, NE as Big Ohhh!
An interesting add, but definitely befitting to the park which has a knack for keep older roller coasters operational, such as their Edward Vettel woodie or world's last remaining Miler Manufacturing Wild Mouse. Opening date is still TBD, but some time for 2018.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
What is the over/under on @KCL_Lighting adding a package to this ride? Would certainly help the ride fit in with the rest of the park and all of its neon.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
or world's last remaining Miler Manufacturing Wild Mouse.
Hmmmmm, this coaster in Texas might be offended by that statement! https://rcdb.com/256.htm (and much like Lakeside, Wonderland is a gem of a park!)
But since I got the Big Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh credit in Nebraska, this won't get me back to Denver.... Although Cyclone on it's own might just. <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmmmmm, this coaster in Texas might be offended by that statement! https://rcdb.com/256.htm (and much like Lakeside, Wonderland is a gem of a park!)
But since I got the Big Oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh credit in Nebraska, this won't get me back to Denver.... Although Cyclone on it's own might just. <3
Oh wow! I didn't realize there was still one more! Such a quirky roller coaster from a by-gone era.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Not sure when RCDB uploaded this photo but it looks like the ride is more or less constructed:

aafdeia

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
And somehow this ride might not be open yet, which would put West Coast Racers to shame. There's no mention of the ride on Lakeside's website or their nonexistent social media, and RCDB has pushed back the opening date to 2020.

Motion to unsticky anyway? A fifth-hand galaxy has generated a whopping six posts in 18 months, and this is the first in 2019.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Motion to unsticky anyway? A fifth-hand galaxy has generated a whopping six posts in 18 months, and this is the first in 2019.
Seconded. I think it's fair to unstick a construction thread if we go a full year without news, and news still can't be found despite efforts.