What's new

Linnanmäki | Taiga | Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
Why are people already judging this thing so much? We have no clue how it will be paced or the shaping of a lot of elements.

The layout looks pretty good with some unique elements, although I wish there was a bit more of a focus on airtime. This will definitely make Finland a destination for me though and Scandinavia will be even more stacked for coasters.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think this ride will be awesome. It looks to have a mix of Taron and Cheetah Hunt. I think that the launch speeds is what will determine if this will be a great ride or not.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Why are people already judging this thing so much? We have no clue how it will be paced or the shaping of a lot of elements.

The layout looks pretty good with some unique elements, although I wish there was a bit more of a focus on airtime. This will definitely make Finland a destination for me though and Scandinavia will be even more stacked for coasters.
Because that's not at all judgmental :rolleyes:
Would be pretty boring if we couldn't state our opinions on a pretty good NL recreation.
As per usual, peoples opinions may change during construction and testing, but to say it's the best layout ever when it clearly isn't was well worth being challenged, especially now the POV shows an uninspired first half.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
As per usual, peoples opinions may change during construction and testing, but to say it's the best layout ever when it clearly isn't was well worth being challenged, especially now the POV shows an uninspired first half.
Yeah, no it's not the greatest layout of all time. But to make such harsh judgements of the pacing and shaping of the elements seems a bit extreme when we don't what they will be like.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yeah, no it's not the greatest layout of all time. But to make such harsh judgements of the pacing and shaping of the elements seems a bit extreme when we don't what they will be like.
It's not harsh or extreme though really is it? It's saying what you see. It could change, it could not, if it's exactly as that recreation then the first half won't be great. If it changes and there's more speed, slightly lower elements then the pacing may be on point.
Nothing wrong with having differing opinions, @ATI thinks it will be awesome, I think it will be decent, but not something I'll make repeat visits for.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It's not harsh or extreme though really is it? It's saying what you see. It could change, it could not, if it's exactly as that recreation then the first half won't be great. If it changes and there's more speed, slightly lower elements then the pacing may be on point.
Nothing wrong with having differing opinions, @ATI thinks it will be awesome, I think it will be decent, but not something I'll make repeat visits for.
I never said it will be awesome, I said it has the potential to be awesome depending on the speed of the launches.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I never said it will be awesome, I said it has the potential to be awesome depending on the speed of the launches.
I think this ride will be awesome. It looks to have a mix of Taron and Cheetah Hunt. I thik that the launch speeds is what will determine if this will be a great ride or not.
If you meant the 2nd part you would have said something along the lines of;
"I think that the launch speeds is what will determine if this will be a great ride or not, get it right and it could be awesome."

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you meant the 2nd part you would have said something along the lines of;
"I think that the launch speeds is what will determine if this will be a great ride or not, get it right and it could be awesome."
I said I think it will be awesome if the launch speeds are decent.

Sandman

Giga Poster
This is the best layout... in Finland. I'm sure it'll seem more interesting when the marketing and construction updates go into overdrive.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
This'll be a bit faster than Helix (by like 4-5mph). However, I reckon the speed will be a lot more noticeable as Intamin launches are usually much more powerful and eventful than Mack ones.

Lofty

CF Legend
This'll be a bit faster than Helix (by like 4-5mph). However, I reckon the speed will be a lot more noticeable as Intamin launches are usually much more powerful and eventful than Mack ones.
3.8 to be precise, but we'll round up ;)

I think you are right about the perception of speed on Intamin as opposed to Mack, but, still, my point stands that this will absolutely be closer in experience to Helix than Taron. Even due to the inversions and flow of the elements etc.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm always generous with my rounding up when I want to be... ;)

Agree this will more be Intamin's take on Helix rather than Taron II.

That still excites me greatly though - Helix is fabulous, but the one minor negative I have against it is the launches not being as punchy as they could. A Helix-type ride with Intamin-type launches is a winner in my books.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Some more photos of Taiga construction, from inside the park:

20180514_171128.jpg

20180514_140529.jpg

20180514_141648.jpg

20180514_141716.jpg