What's new

SFFT | Wonder Woman Golden Lasso | RMC Raptor

Pear

Strata Poster
I hope it's comfortable? That entrance to the dive loop looks like it could be a nasty transition. The rest of the ride looks pretty good, but I feel like there could be one or two rough transitions.

Also...that concrete area looks disgusting. They better do something about that. Railblazer's area looks so much better.

I hate to be negative about this coaster as I've been excited about this for a while, but this is what I'm feeling right now.

The concrete area will be filled with water most likely.

Matt N

CF Legend
I hope it's comfortable? That entrance to the dive loop looks like it could be a nasty transition. The rest of the ride looks pretty good, but I feel like there could be one or two rough transitions.
I was thinking the same, to be completely honest. Looks like there could be a couple of jolty transitions from the POV, especially in the back few rows. You can't really tell from POVs, however.

I personally think it looks like a great coaster overall, though!

streetmagix

Mega Poster
After 4 or 5 rides on Manta at Seaworld I had some pretty bruises to show for it. Unless the OTSR is very badly designed then it's just a fact of high G coasters that you're going to feel it after a few re-rides. Especially noticeable if you're tall (I'm 1.93m, look at my profile picture to see how close my shoulders are to the metal bar!)

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Wonder if RMC anticipated it to be this fast? Genuinely looks like it could overshoot the brakes in the rain.

Edit: checked out the virtual POV RMC released and there is no way they meant for it to run this fast, the speed through the zig zag section before the second drop is just mental.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wonder if RMC anticipated it to be this fast? Genuinely looks like it could overshoot the brakes in the rain.

Edit: checked out the virtual POV RMC released and there is no way they meant for it to run this fast, the speed through the zig zag section before the second drop is just mental.
Absolutely not. Not doubt they're great engineers, but they miscalculated something there... :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It does look fast, but you have to bear in mind that the small size of the track will look to magnify the height and speed.

I'm pretty sure the first set of breaks isn't a block section, so overshooting them probably won't be a problem as long as the train stops on the tyres before the transfer track.

If they think it'll need trims, they'll add trims.

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
It looks ****ing amazing.

Also, this whole 'needs trims' is different to adding them due to rideability, client request and guest experience - so they won't just add them 'if they need to'...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Some pretty major abrasions being reported on Reddit:

nAEo8Xa.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/path%3D%252Fr%252Frollercoasters%252Fcomments%252F8fdbli%252F

henryjwillis

Mega Poster
I'd definitely take those bruises to marathon this. Also, checked the pacing of the real POV v the animated one, and the real is about 25 seconds from cresting the drop to the break run and the animated is about 31, so a pretty big difference to how it was designed. Seems like a happy accident but surprised RMC got it so wrong.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think that over time, the vehicles will evolve. This is a prototype after all, so they'll see the issues they have with the vehicles and iterate them for future models, like they have done with the standard RMC trains.

Matt N

CF Legend
Apparently the restraints only.
Those restraints must be bad, then! But I don't quite see how, because they look quite similar to B&M's vests, and those have never caused pain to me or anyone in my family, not even to my Dad, who's 6ft 6in!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Those restraints must be bad, then! But I don't quite see how, because they look quite similar to B&M's vests, and those have never caused pain to me or anyone in my family, not even to my Dad, who's 6ft 6in!
I think it might be two things:
  1. They're much less padded and look a lot more like seatbelt material than the B&M vests.
  2. Have you ever seen a B&M go round corners like this? :p