What's new

Walibi Belgium | Tiki Waka | Gerstlauer Bobsled Coaster

Ethan

Strata Poster
My other guess is that they're speed detectors? They are at an angle, and I'm thinking they're before every break run to see how much speed each one needs to trim off of each vehicle?

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
What are these things before each block brake?
3xvWDfW.jpg

Some kind of enforced "keep all arms and legs in the car" device?

I don't really know about this but I've heard that it's to sort of see if the wagon, train thingy (still don't know how to call this) is calibrated or something. If the train goes too fast thru these, the brakes will be activated. If it goes too slow there will be no stop.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Yesterday was the first Soft-Opening and I've got some great pictures for you right here! :D
Before opening the ride a lot of employees who work in Walibi tested the ride to see if it was safe.
The director of Walibi Belgium (Jean-Christophe Parent) also rode it:
1.jpg

(Here a picture of him if you don't know how he looks like!)
9.jpg

The first persons to ride Tiki-Waka:
2.jpg

3.jpg

The station:
4.jpg

5.jpg

The queue is not completely done so this is the temporarily waiting-line.
6.jpg

(Random picture)
7.jpg

(Photoshopped this one btw). The people riding it are Walibi-employees ;-) .
8.jpg

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Walibi Belgium has started adding extra details and theming up and around Tiki-Waka, such as near-misses, fountains, etc. And not to be forgotten...tiki-themed toilets!!

31081573_1068694126596098_6214329644473122816_n.jpg

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the double post, but here are some pictures of Exotic World. More and more details are added. It now seems the theme of Tiki-Waka is somekind of exotic garage where they are making gravity racers. The Tiki Fruit Bar also opened, selling fresh juices and fresh smoothies aswell as some variety of cocktails and mocktails.

gu1h9e.jpg

47WuzCAh.jpg

XrpiiR9h.jpg

O3xfHxCh.jpg

7TfFzlNh.jpg

wIyYvFLh.jpg

Cvg7aM4h.jpg

Da2B4kwh.jpg

Yl57q6ah.jpg

FtDEGTmh.jpg

51rs7CHh.jpg

aRnh898h.jpg

TY6swxKh.jpg

WIK2uwUh.jpg

Rl07n45h.jpg

KoOIQfMh.jpg

RIodbK3h.jpg

H4aA6aNh.jpg

Pictures by Yelle Kleykens for ThemeParkVision

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Why was the park so empty that day? This was not today, right?
Walibi had a lot of visitors! It's just the camera perspective that makes you think that no one's there.
Next week I think that they will be completely done, it's just a matter of time before they put every little detail together to make it enjoyable to look at and to ride!
Will be there to take pictures too ;-) .

Mean while: I will patiently drink my cup of tea, while waiting to see the end result of this beautiful Exotic World.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I have been to the park yesterday and the queue has finally opened. Some pictures I took!

31348052_10213044138952796_2579201835849067902_n.jpg

31435805_10213044140432833_2432607985276068925_n.jpg

Tiki-Waka is themed as somekind of garage in Polynesian style, with a massive thatch roof. When you enter the queue, you have a sort of petrol station with a petrolpump and advertising for several kinds of petrol.

31543786_10213044140352831_2904384347665563272_n.jpg

They also added some Tiki-style light ornaments in the station.

31543801_10213044139312805_2699028026638861704_n.jpg

The soapbox kind of car is hung up against the ceiling and with all those instruments around it, it seems like someone has been working on the car.

31481313_10213044139832818_8077450595601386126_n.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Genuinely love all the details they've put into this.

Aside from Challenge of Tutankhamon and arguably Pulsar, this is clearly leagues ahead of any other attraction on the park in terms of theming and attention to detail. I really hope that's the bar they're setting for their future developments, because it'll turn the park into something very decent.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
The soapbox kind of car is hung up against the ceiling and with all those instruments around it, it seems like someone has been working on the car.

31481313_10213044139832818_8077450595601386126_n.jpg

Omg I am on this picture HAHAHA WHAT!? Maybe you will recognise yourself on my pictures? Pictures coming soon I am currently editting them (and it's very difficult because the weather here in Belgium sucks, so a lot of them are very dark...)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
When I was in the park yesterday, I was pretty stunned by what they did. Every week, every picture, there are new things to discover. It is not what we have been used to from the park. Challenge of Tutankhamon was something different, as it was built under Six Flags, but Pulsar was and is actually the bar they are setting. Pulsar was the first step in the direction they are going and I have been told that Exotic World and Tiki-Waka are in fact the bar they are setting.

I was also pretty surprised by how close they have stayed to the concept arts by Julien Bertevas. If they are going to do the same thing with the Bollywood project for next year, I will be even more impressed than I am now!

maxresdefault.jpg

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
When I was in the park yesterday, I was pretty stunned by what they did. Every week, every picture, there are new things to discover. It is not what we have been used to from the park. Challenge of Tutankhamon was something different, as it was built under Six Flags, but Pulsar was and is actually the bar they are setting. Pulsar was the first step in the direction they are going and I have been told that Exotic World and Tiki-Waka are in fact the bar they are setting.

I was also pretty surprised by how close they have stayed to the concept arts by Julien Bertevas. If they are going to do the same thing with the Bollywood project for next year, I will be even more impressed than I am now!

maxresdefault.jpg
I talked to Marc Guffens at the persconference and he told me that what you will see as 'concept art' will actually not be that big of a 'concept' they will try to make the end result look as identical as possible! So what you will see is what you will get.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
Here are my Tiki-Waka pictures!

First of all here is the Tiki-Waka Station!
1.jpg

This is the entrance to the ride.
2.jpg

3.jpg

The queue:
4.jpg

So at your right you directly see this statue/totem looking thing:
5.jpg

6.jpg

And suddenly you see the long waiting-line with this beautiful view.
7.jpg

Taking pictures here is extremely difficult because of this net :( ...
8.jpg
9.jpg

The wagon passes through this weird thingy that looks pretty cool!:cool:
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

At the end of the ride they have added this 'finish line', so I think it's a kind of racing-parkour? I don't know how to call it.
13.jpg

In the waiting lie there is this racing cart and it looks like it's being build.
14.jpg
15.jpg

16.jpg

Those look like paint brushes to me:
17.jpg

There are a lot of people and it's kind of impressive because it's a long waiting time (I've waited for like one hour and a half?).
18.jpg
19.jpg

Normally there will be an action picture made of you, but it's not ready yet!
20.jpg

Random pictures:
21.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
25.jpg

Soooo if you could give me a thumbs-up, like this woman on the picture, I would find that great! Hahaha.
26.jpg