What's new

Blackpool Pleasure Beach | Icon | Mack Multi-Launch

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ya, I don't know if we went over this before but it's definitely being themed to a snake/snakes. The whole train just screams "SNAKE" to me!
I agree completely. The zero car reminds be of the head of an adder.

I am super excited to see the LEDs testing.
Do you mean the LED headlights on the zero car, or the LEDs on the rest of the train? Because they currently are testing.

Lofty

CF Legend
Bit of both tbh. I ain't seen either being tested, hence why I said I am looking forward to SEE them being tested.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
That inversion has a very floaty operation enterprise look to it at this speed (who knows if this is the final speed or not). Cool.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I think the beauty in this layout is that the first half is a great build-up to the second launch and succeeding layout. It looks like it continually gets better, by the brake-run riders should hopefully smiling or laughing

MakoMania

Mega Poster
It appears that a small building has taken shape on top of the tunnel. Presuming that the existing larger building will serve as the shop, I would hazard a guess that guests may exit through this building to view their ORPs.
6dstj8.png

Credit to Steve the coaster fan on YouTube.

Sandman

Giga Poster
It would be good if you entered an indoor queue section at the initial entrance point before that huge straight section of outdoor queue. I assumed Mandy had taken some inspiration from Helix's queue, but I am still fairly unsure as to whether there will be much effort made in that area. It sort of feels like the different Icon music tracks were made to build suspense at different points in the queue line.

Dar

Hyper Poster
I wonder if there's going to be some soft openings for this? From what Mands has said on Twitter, it's not due to open until the end of May but with the track and train finished and testing, they can spend more time on the landscaping and potentially get it ready well before then.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I've booked a week off towards mid/late May so let's ****ing hope it's up and running. To be fair, I would half expect a confirmed date soon in order to give the masses time to plan their visit.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Forgive me if it sounds silly/ignorant but is there any particular reason Blackpool usually aim to open new rides towards summer instead of when they reopen for the new season around March like Merlin do?
XQTcylq.png

In any case I'm very excited to ride this, about time the UK stepped up our coaster game.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Forgive me if it sounds silly/ignorant but is there any particular reason Blackpool usually aim to open new rides towards summer instead of when they reopen for the new season around March like Merlin do?
XQTcylq.png

In any case I'm very excited to ride this, about time the UK stepped up our coaster game.
BPB have always aimed for 'spring' historically and in today' climate (complaints /social media ect) it makes perfect sense. Look at the backlash Alton have had so far this year. People start claiming they have paid for hotels, and all that jazz, where as they have no grounds for any complaints at BPB because it' never been said it will be open by any specific date. If they want to spend the next 2 months testing it from 10am-8pm to ensure its right no one can make any kind of issue. It' a shame Towers didn't do that really.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
BPB have always aimed for 'spring' historically and in today' climate (complaints /social media ect) it makes perfect sense. Look at the backlash Alton have had so far this year. People start claiming they have paid for hotels, and all that jazz, where as they have no grounds for any complaints at BPB because it' never been said it will be open by any specific date. If they want to spend the next 2 months testing it from 10am-8pm to ensure its right no one can make any kind of issue. It' a shame Towers didn't do that really.

Alton didn't announce an opening day untill they'd had it running with guests and press comfortably, infact, alot of enthusiasts moaned about how they refused to give an exact opening date for AGES it was "SPRING 2018" until 2 weeks before the park opened. It was just unfortunate that the weather effected when it could open, as the ride was more than ready for that date.

I'd get abit frustrated if we see 2 months of all day testing and not get an actual opening date.